Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

This is a recruit thread outside of the game room because we're degenerate anarchists.
------------------

When a hoodie clad Jeb Bush shouted "Hell yeah I'll kill baby Hitler" and decapitated the president with a katana reality just kind of capitulated. Meme magic became real and everyone lost their minds, if they hadn't already. States were succeeding before Pence was sworn in. That formality didn't matter for much when the states themselves started breaking up. The ensuing free for all completed the destruction of society as people knew it.

2024, years since the great corn cobbing of the nation. Getting by has been rough going but there's always a job at Throne. Being the seat of where it all happened every petty warlord has their eyes on the place. To claim Throne would be a great symbolic victory, which is worth a lot these days. They say his body's still in the big chair. No one's been able to get past the lawn to try to push it out, though. But maybe the day is sooner than people think. The Technocratic Combine of the north has been conquering a trail down the coast. The frogmen from the marshes have been organizing and expanding. Things are looking like some bad poo poo is going to go down, even worse than what Throne will usually see. But where there's danger there's opportunity.

--------------------

Welcome to Apocalypse World, where you get raise hell as the sexiest bad asses in the immediate area.

The rules are free! http://apocalypse-world.com/ApocalypseWorldBasicRefbook2ndEd.pdf

If you haven't done an rpg on SA before the protocol is everyone posts their character sheet with a little in character bit to show off what kind of person they are (put the rules part in a quote box), try to include a picture if you can find one you like for your character. If there's a lot of interest you guys will have to thunderdome over spots.

Feel free to flesh out the world however you want in your character's backstory.

Apocalypse World systems assume a baseline maturity from its players. Everyone, including me, is responsible for not being a creep.

uhhhh, I'll leave apps open for a week. Anyone questions feel free to post them. I'm probably forgetting something but fuk it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Baloogan posted:

id like to be literally a duck

I think there's a bonus skin to be a psychic dolphin in robot legs from a dragoncon years ago but I have no idea where to look for it.

Concordat posted:

Is this anything like Metal Wolf Chaos?

Well there certainly wouldn't be any giant Mecha. Probably closer to fall out but making fun of today instead of the fifties.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Extended play books should be fine.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I think you need a different playbook if you want to start with a gang (chopper would be ideal,) but yeah you can use whatever playbook for Duck Game trading card art the character

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The Kingfish posted:

How the gently caress does "want" work? I feel like I'm missing part of the rules.

E: And Hx? Am I being blind or something??

I'm at work so I can't look at want I don't remember that. Might just be a fluff thing.

Hx is History. How well you know the other player characters. When you get enough you gain XP. Also it is used to assist or sabotoge them.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Lol

docbeard posted:

Or, I guess no PMs.

So, can I have a printing press instead of a radio studio?

This is Hillary's fault.
Yes.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The Kingfish posted:

Can you post an email? I wrote up a Hocus and then realized that it might not work with the rules.

E: Appalachian hillbilly/inbred amish prophet with a family of believers who think this is how the outside world has always been.

That sounds fine. Is there a specific rule question? I'd prefer to answer things here if that's alright.

Thanks for all the interest guys. I don't think I'll be able to take everyone so I'll have a round of prompts later to help you guys flesh our your peeps more for the thunder dome.

I'm still accepting apps til Sunday so plenty of time for everyone else.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I can't look at the sheets right now but yeah I think there's options allow them to be reclusive. Or you could just make one. It's not terribly important as long as we can justify any mechanical effects
Baloogan is apping Howard the duck after all

Zyla posted:

Is there a listing of items somewhere I can't see? I need to know my goodies to write a good bio

I think starting gear is top left of the second page of your play book? Either way you start with the stuff your class says and that's it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah I'm going to have a round of questions to help with pruning tomorrow.

Al! your pictures are beautiful but I'm going to need a bit more backstory to work with.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

They're personalized questions so its better to post before. But I can do a second have for people who need more time.

Al! posted:

ok im storyboarding it now!!!!!!!!!! (ill include a brief text description this time and include the previous pictures, im just poo poo at any kind of long-form writing)

Uh playing the game is going to be writing, should I be concerned?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Two days bbt

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Sure that sounds neat

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I only need enough to get an idea so I can decide on who gets in, because I can't fit in everyone. Put as much as you want. As long as it's not like 3k words I don't care

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Okay I said I'd do these tonight and I'm not going to pussy out. How ever I will be loving lame and give everyone the same question.

Why are you in Throne, if not by chance? What of the factions would you rather see come out on top, if you had to choose? (make one up or add details to one that's been mentioned)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Weeping Wound posted:

(edit: saw the date being 2024 and not uhhhhhh farther into the future)

If there's anything we learned last year its that meme magic turns things to poo poo in a hurry

Maduo posted:

I don't know how literal you want reality capitulating to mean, so I left it vague. Also I feel a little bad about worming out of the second question, but oh well.

That's partially up to you guys. At the very least the psychic maelstrom of the mechanics formed. And at the most Pepe appeared fully formed like that one guy was suggesting.

People have until midnight to get apps in. The follow up question you can have a bit more time on.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I'll sort out picks later. If anyone has more they want to sneak into their app getting it in before I get off work would be a good idea

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Life happened and I still need to finish reading everything. Picks uh pending. I didn't forget you guys.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The agonizing process of picking my favorite child is done.

Nite Crew 2024 Staring

Squizzle as Skin Man:kheldragar:

Reclaimer as Navarre

docbeard as DF Hunter

Mayor Dave as verran

Maduo as Beechburn

And introducing Zyla as Kelly

I was planning on five but even six doesn't cover everyone I feel like I couldn't go without :duckie:. But too many characters and things get out of hand. Maybe a spot will open mid game.

Everyone sort out your histories. I'll work on the thread the game will be in.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

If multiple people are volunteering for a background the person with it can choose who it applies to.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

That stat switch is for the specifically named move open your mind. If Augury said you roll open your mind but (like sucker!) then it would work, but it does not.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Okay okay fine I'll throw another ten into the keep the lights on pot.

Is everyone else's stuff sorted out? I kind of lost track with six separate histories

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Okay looks like it's time for me to finally make the thread.

One question for reclaimer, is the theme of the tweets you put with your app only woman threatening police or are you not using the 2armor you get

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

nice

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809441

Alright here goes nothing. Later than I wanted, I always over think these things

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I'm a massive doofus and forgot to do mc highlights. I'll do them when I get home from work.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Skin Man, Cool

Navarre, Hot

DF Hunter, Sharp

verran, Hard

Beechburn, Hot

Kelly, Cool

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Don't forget about this guy's :v:

Bookmark the game thread so you don't have to dig in the game room for it, if you haven't already

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Reclaimer posted:

So uh, what the heck happened with this? It's been a long time and since nobody else's asked I assume I'm just way the gently caress out of the loop as usual.

Turds didn't post so it's dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

My life is in kind of a rough spot right now so I don't want to do the leg work to wrangle everyone. Sorry

E: though if a remaining/new team volunteered or self organized or whatever I'll try to run a second go

• Locked thread