Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah I'm going to have a round of questions to help with pruning tomorrow.

should I wait until then to post it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They're personalized questions so its better to post before. But I can do a second have for people who need more time.

can i be a savvyhead with a special technomagical van for a workspace (it would use two of the three workspace options, van and relic of the golden age, third option would be like weird-rear end electronica)

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

yo i feel like i wrote too much backstory i don't mean wrote too much i mean i dont want to paste all that poo poo here cuz although there are secrets a lot of this poo poo should come up during Hx i guess and if i actually like submit it and get in the other players will know all that poo poo know what i mean so like how long of a thing do you need

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Professor Wizard's Magical Mystery Machine has long been a familiar, albeit rare sight in these parts. The current Owner of the van's a tekkie that goes by the name of Johnny Magic. He was apparently the apprentice of the guy that used to Own it, whatshisface? People can't seem to quite remember what happened to that guy.. but what matters now is that Johnny's the man now, and Johnny has the Knack. He can fix just about anything mekanical or hi-tek, which is quite a useful skill in these troubled times. Not only that, he's always comin up with crazy new memetek, weapons, hell, he even takes custom orders - the sky's the limit.

The MMM, though, that's another story. Like no one's ever tried to gank that precious little jewel before - but somehow she's always managed to avoid being yanked or fragged. Blessed, some say. Cursed is more like it, say others. After all, even though she's always made it through in one piece, the same can't be said of her previous owners. But Johnny's not like the others. That's what he tells himself, at least. He's been spending more and more time in the System and he's deeper than his predecessors could ever have imagined, now driven by the gut feeling, the intuition that the Truth was just within his reach...

Look

Tall, black hair, black eyes that don't seem to stay focused on one thing or person for very long. Handsome but slightly hunched from years bent over a workbench. Wears self-created tek modded t-shirts and jeans, in the style of Pre-Fall casual menswear

Workspace

The Magical Mystery Machine resembles a 1970s or early 80s era American-make conversion van, a relic of the golden age past. Black in color, it has the same illustrated depiction of a wizard battling a fierce dragon airbrushed on each side, but only the right side has a sliding door. When the Triple M opens for business, a storefront pops out unfolds from this door. A glimpse inside would reveal a space much larger than could be possible in such a vehicle, crammed full of weird-rear end electronica. It's patently apparent that this van isn't what it seems to be. Further important details (there are quite a few) will be confidentally forwarded to the MC in the event that this character is selected for processing

Projects

TOP SECRET

Gear & Barter

Current store inventory status: LOW. RESUPPLY NECESSARY. 6-barter worth of weapons, tekmods, and memetek... he's gonna have to find some trade soon

Personal firearm: gencoded smg (looks like a hosed up, babby P90), named "Smag". A recent creation, Johnny hasn't found the time to modify it to his satisfaction.

Personal armor: black tekweave duster "Totes McCoats". Lightweight, weatherproof, 2-armor. Self-made, of course, and one of his finest inventions to boot. Plenty of hidden storage compartments. No further modification is possible without unraveling the memecraft holding it together.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Okay I said I'd do these tonight and I'm not going to pussy out. How ever I will be loving lame and give everyone the same question.

Why are you in Throne, if not by chance? What of the factions would you rather see come out on top, if you had to choose? (make one up or add details to one that's been mentioned)

Johnny's here for two reasons, frankly. The first is obvious, a travelling memesmith's gotta go where the customers are, and he'd just spent most of his barter on some Info... which brings us to the second reason. The Memestorm - that's the key to all of this. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The System was his way in, but in order to fully unlock its secrets, he'd have to go back to where it all started... OOC: The System is the primary computational system of the Magical Mystery Machine. It is no ordinary computer - it is the very source of the van's teknomagical properties, but more importantly it has the potential, when fully developed, to become a link/access/portal to the Storm. Johnny (building on the work of the previous savvyhead Owners) has managed to advance the System to the point where its Whispers are starting to creep into his dreams. See Reality's Fraying Edge. It's that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

• Locked thread