Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Chokes McGee posted:

sorry that was uncalled for actually apes own

whereas Trump does not

trump is more chimpanzee than ape

specifically, the cannibal chimpanzee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

sure let's put a huge ape in the white house what could go wrong

*looks at Trump*

oh

that's an orangutan you oaf!!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Weeping Wound posted:

that's an orangutan you oaf!!

you know?! you are absolutely right!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

:smugturd:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Nominations thread is up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816806

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Dearest C-SPAM,

It's been an honor and a joy to serve as president of our fine subforum these past three months. You're as a group the smartest and most talented and funniest and most depraved people I know.

The world has gone completely insane, at least by appearances, or it's always been, and its underlying insanity has been laid bare by the ascension of the orange rapist to the bully pulpit. As such the sense of community here is not to be underestimated or undervalued. As self-selected paid members of a dead gay comedy forum this is a pretty unusual niche place to begin with. C-SPAM could have been a lot of things.

C-SPAM didn't have to become what it is, you, all of us together, have made it what it is through the shared experiences we have had as reality has literally disintegrated before our very eyes. The 2016 Presidential election is going to be viewed in retrospect, ultimately, if there are people around to view it in retrospect 5 or 10 years down the road, as ten times the black swan event that 9/11 was. It's impossible to overstate how radically the world has changed and continues to change literally every single day by the hour and literally by the tweet. In the context of such experiences it is common to feel at sea in a world of unknowable chaos, surrounded by literal Nazi's and subject to the whims of a capricious nuclear-armed piss-gargling failed real estate tycoon with tiny hands. It is much less common to experience any sense of normalcy or ease in such times as these.

I hope that during the course of the last 3 months even if you're a lurker, or, G-d forbid, daycrew af, C-SPAM has given you a momentary glimmer of ease amid a world so easy to become lost in suffering and grief within.
_

The twin mantra : [ Death is Certain ] & [
code:
l o l n o t h i n g m a t t e r s
]

The first is completely true; the second completely false.

Nothing matters is false because one thing matters; you.

Your temporary incarnation in a human body is a precious gift, and diminishing/ending suffering whether it's yours or others, is the single thing most worth doing with that gift,

if things can be said to be,
if things can be said to be done,
and if things can be said to be worth doing at all.

Be kind to yourself. Be kind to others. Hugs and kisses. Hail Satan. Take care!

I will still be around this is not goodbye it is simply an executive farewell address on the final evening of this administration's term

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

crazy cloud posted:

Dearest C-SPAM,

It's been an honor and a joy to serve as president of our fine subforum these past three months. You're as a group the smartest and most talented and funniest and most depraved people I know.

The world has gone completely insane, at least by appearances, or it's always been, and its underlying insanity has been laid bare by the ascension of the orange rapist to the bully pulpit. As such the sense of community here is not to be underestimated or undervalued. As self-selected paid members of a dead gay comedy forum this is a pretty unusual niche place to begin with. C-SPAM could have been a lot of things.

C-SPAM didn't have to become what it is, you, all of us together, have made it what it is through the shared experiences we have had as reality has literally disintegrated before our very eyes. The 2016 Presidential election is going to be viewed in retrospect, ultimately, if there are people around to view it in retrospect 5 or 10 years down the road, as ten times the black swan event that 9/11 was. It's impossible to overstate how radically the world has changed and continues to change literally every single day by the hour and literally by the tweet. In the context of such experiences it is common to feel at sea in a world of unknowable chaos, surrounded by literal Nazi's and subject to the whims of a capricious nuclear-armed piss-gargling failed real estate tycoon with tiny hands. It is much less common to experience any sense of normalcy or ease in such times as these.

I hope that during the course of the last 3 months even if you're a lurker, or, G-d forbid, daycrew af, C-SPAM has given you a momentary glimmer of ease amid a world so easy to become lost in suffering and grief within.
_

The twin mantra : [ Death is Certain ] & [
code:
l o l n o t h i n g m a t t e r s
]

The first is completely true; the second completely false.

Nothing matters is false because one thing matters; you.

Your temporary incarnation in a human body is a precious gift, and diminishing/ending suffering whether it's yours or others, is the single thing most worth doing with that gift,

if things can be said to be,
if things can be said to be done,
and if things can be said to be worth doing at all.

Be kind to yourself. Be kind to others. Hugs and kisses. Hail Satan. Take care!

I will still be around this is not goodbye it is simply an executive farewell address on the final evening of this administration's term

love u

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

love u

lmfao

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Until this election I had no idea we had a President.

:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
And with that, the curtain comes down on the crazy cloud administration, and this thread. I will open a new one tomorrow at some point once I've briefed Lastgirl in on what exactly being CSPAM president entails.

• Locked thread