Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Bob Morales posted:

I wanted GB vs NE but it would have been a blowout. What's the consensus on how the Cowboys would have done against the Falcons?

IMO same or worse as Packers. Cowboys defence would have got lit up something fierce

I'm positive the chiefs would have done a whole lot better than the Steelers though. What a waste of a game that was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

For anyone upset about the Falcons going to the Super Bowl, you should see the new xXx movie that stars Tony Gonzalez :v:

In which He falls to his death by using a robo arm to punch through an airplane toliet midflight

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The Falcon offense is going to match Brady blow for blow. It's going to be a hell of a shootout.

I dunno dude something tells me the pats can scheme down Jones a whole lot better than Capers did

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shirts and skins posted:

Pats are favored? Man...I dunno. The Pats D has played well, but it's not what I'd call particularly good. And the Falcons offense looks unstoppable. The Pats are going to need one hell of a gameplan against Julio and that rushing attack, or else their offense is going to be playing catch-up all night.

I think the Pats being favored is correct, but Ben was the first real QB they faced for the entire goddamned season. They survived that pretty well which is a credit to them, even though I think Ben didn't look his best. Matt Ryan in 2016 is a completely different level of guy though. The Super Bowl by all rights should be fun to watch.

So obviously we'll end up with like a 14-10 game.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I can't be mad at that one

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Chris Hogan lol. Thank you AFC East.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

I think the Pats being favored is correct, but Ben was the first real QB they faced for the entire goddamned season. They survived that pretty well which is a credit to them, even though I think Ben didn't look his best. Matt Ryan in 2016 is a completely different level of guy though. The Super Bowl by all rights should be fun to watch.

So obviously we'll end up with like a 14-10 game.

I mostly agree with you but the Patriots also only lost to the Seahawks due to some inexplicable play calling while trying to tie it up.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

Pats are favored? Man...I dunno. The Pats D has played well, but it's not what I'd call particularly good. And the Falcons offense looks unstoppable. The Pats are going to need one hell of a gameplan against Julio and that rushing attack, or else their offense is going to be playing catch-up all night.

They're not exactly favored by a lot, but shutting down the steelers like they did goes a long way to making their defense look like it's actually good instead of just picking on the AFC East and other cripples.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Ammanas posted:

I dunno dude something tells me the pats can scheme down Jones a whole lot better than Capers did

The Falcon's offense is way more than just Jones. Julio has been quiet in a few games this season and it doesn't matter.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I mostly agree with you but the Patriots also only lost to the Seahawks due to some inexplicable play calling while trying to tie it up.

Yeah that's true, but wasn't Wilson still injured at that point? Like, he's a completely different guy when he can't move around...or at least a completely different guy behind that terrible line.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I know the Falcons have a good offense, but how good is their defense?

Nov 6, 2002

I felt like both losing teams tonight stopped themselves more than the other team really did.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah that's true, but wasn't Wilson still injured at that point? Like, he's a completely different guy when he can't move around...or at least a completely different guy behind that terrible line.

The Seahawks moved the ball pretty drat well that game, too. That's the one where they got CJ Prosise going as a 3rd down back before his season ended (god drat did my team have some frustrating injuries this year).

If the Pats put that kinda shift in against Atlanta's RBs they'll get blown out.

evilweasel posted:

I know the Falcons have a good offense, but how good is their defense?

Young. Not great, especially against the run, but better towards the second half of the season. Vic Beasley is a stud in pass rush. They lost Desmond Trufant for the season but the secondary has played pretty well regardless.

Basically, like all four final teams this year, their d has been "good enough to not gently caress things up for the offense".

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 23, 2017

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/McKennAnalysis/status/823376643620274176

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Boy am I looking forward to this one, but you know, before the game both Brady and Belichek looked the most stone-faced I've ever seen them.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 23, 2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Which school has more alumni playing in the Super Bowl than any other school?

Answer: Rutgers

Nov 6, 2002

The enemies of Rutgers Athletics have been defeated.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Bob Morales posted:

I wanted GB vs NE but it would have been a blowout. What's the consensus on how the Cowboys would have done against the Falcons?

They could've held onto the ball for 40 minutes, but possibly still lost due to how soft their D is.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

One more game friend

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
News: 💃
Views:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The Falcon offense is going to match Brady blow for blow. It's going to be a hell of a shootout.

Yeah just like that NFC Championship shootout everyone was hyping up all week.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Go falcons

schweens fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 23, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Pops Mgee posted:

It was a shootout...for one of the teams.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pops Mgee posted:

I fully expected to see Green Bay get poo poo housed.

The ease with which the pats handled the steelers surprised me more.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pops Mgee posted:

People underestimated how much injuries effect players.

Not that it would have changed the outcome, but it probably would have been a real shootout

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I fully expected to see Green Bay get poo poo housed.

The ease with which the pats handled the steelers surprised me more.

The steelers and Ben have been awful offensively on the road this year

That didn't change in KC last week, but they faced Alex Smith who refused to win

Much like the rest of the AFC continues to refuse to get good

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What are the current whereabouts of Greg Schiano?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Now to be fair run the table meant win in the regular season. Considering where they were when he said that, to end up in the NFCCG is really loving impressive

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Welp, guess I won't be watching this Super Bowl. Call me when Brady retires or is crippled.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Welp, guess I won't be watching this Super Bowl. Call me when Brady retires or is crippled.

Tom Brady will probably play injury-free football until he's 50. He cannot be killed. At least not by conventional weapons. The Vatican might have something that can stop him in their archives, maybe.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

This super bowl is gonna own friend. Every pats SB has been really great. The only concern is nerves jangle Matt Ryan and he shits all over himself

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What are the current whereabouts of Greg Schiano?

He's wandering around the streets of Columbus Ohio looking for victory formations to attack.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Ammanas posted:

Now to be fair run the table meant win in the regular season. Considering where they were when he said that, to end up in the NFCCG is really loving impressive

Yeah bringing up "run the table" is incredibly dumb at this point but that image is incredible so I'll allow it.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

In retrospect, I regret being happy about the outcome of Super Bowl XLIX. The Patriots are now and forever the common enemy of mankind.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Ammanas posted:

Every pats SB has been really great.

This is painfully wrong.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

This is painfully wrong.

You really wanna tell me watching nearly ascendant pats teams get beaten by wildly unexpected performances by the giants didn't own all the rear end in the world? Or that THROW FROM THE 1 YARD LINE wasn't amazing? They were like loving Hollywood productions dude

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Please rename TFF to The Falcolns Funhouse, thanks.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

swickles posted:

Please rename TFF to The Falcolns Funhouse, thanks.

Complete with typo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This is painfully wrong.

I mean, a close game doesn't always mean a good game but the B/B era Pats have a maximum margin of victory for either team in the Super Bowl of 4.

If your complaint is about the Bears or Packers, yeah, you're right.

• Locked thread