Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

In Training posted:

Yeah only truly insane people actually like Witcher 1.

Can verify, I like it just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
In 2017 I am going to play Euro Truck Simulator 2

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tonight I played, and streamed, Bloodborne and got even further than before! I ran past two werewolves and got murdered by a cleric beast. Many people helped me out during the stream too and it was good fun for all!

Another Japanuary success evening :)

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

VideoGames posted:

Tonight I played, and streamed, Bloodborne and got even further than before! I ran past two werewolves and got murdered by a cleric beast. Many people helped me out during the stream too and it was good fun for all!

Another Japanuary success evening :)

Link your stream, friend.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I know it doesn't match your naming scheme but switching the spooky games to October would fit the season more.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

new phone who dis posted:

I know it doesn't match your naming scheme but switching the spooky games to October would fit the season more.

I wanted it to be different. October is always scary, but July is not. I thought it'd be more entertaining! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Japanuary Recap
Month 1 was a success! I played a total of 6 games I never would have otherwise played and enjoyed the heck out of them. Some more than others. My gaming tme was a little limited, sadly, but I know I will have far more time now!

As I will do at the end of each month, I will give my top three games played and why.

3-
In the third spot we have: Strider.
I loved this game. I felt in total control of my guy, the controls were fluid and it looked really good. It was a real nice revelation. I look forward to returning to it at some point to complete it.

2-
In the second spot we have: Dragon Quest Builders.
This was a wonderful little game and probably the game I played the most in Japanuary. It was great for simple short sessions and designing was fun. It's everything I really wanted from a minecraft game thanks to the little missions. It also made me laugh like anything!

1-
The GOTM is: Bloodborne!
I have tried Dark Souls, Demon Souls and Dark Souls II before. I know they are loved by all but I found them so difficult to play and get into. Bloodborne was a different beast entirely. I suck at it. I mean, I truly suck, but I had fun. I streamed my poor playing and had fun with people watching me play. They gave me tips and some I was able to incorporate. I only made it to the cleric beast once and had to go back to the skull bonfire, but I never stopped having fun. That's my most important criteria for any game: fun.
Bloodborne has it in spades!

FPSbruary

AH! The month of first person shooters! This is a short month so I deliberately chose the genre I am best at playing. Currently I have the following games on my list to play:

Destiny I have never touched! I'm a little excited. I will be PS4ing this.

I tried the free weekend of the first Titanfall on PC and had fun, but not enough to buy it. I have this for the PS4 and also have people to play along with.

I got this for free on PC somehow. Never touched it, but will see what it is like!

I have had this for years but I've never really played it. Been told it's great and looks like I'll have to get used to stealth games!

I vow to complete this. I am 50% of the way through and loving it!

Next Month: March!
I have a few ideas on what to play for this. I have the supreme commanders, the planetary annihilations, some total war games. I think they will tide me over.

As always, if I have missed anything from this genre you think I should play then please let me know!

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
SUPERHOT is the most innovative shooter I've played in years an amazing game. It's short, too - you could knock it out in a couple hours.

I can't imagine you haven't played Overwatch, but if you somehow missed it it's pretty much the shooter of last year.

Shadow Warrior II was another excellent single player shooter. It straddles the line between Borderlands and new DOOM.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Eela6 posted:

SUPERHOT is the most innovative shooter I've played in years an amazing game. It's short, too - you could knock it out in a couple hours.

I can corroborate this recommendation.

Make sure you play the plot DLCs when you do Dishonored, it's another whole game's worth of equally good, if not better, content. That's the Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches, in that order.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Superhot does sound like a ton of fun!

I cannot play Shadowwarrior 2 because I've yet to play Shadowwarrior 1!

Also Overwatch is off the table as I already have a good one hundred hours in it and these months are me trying to play games I've never touched. Otherwise I'd get lost in TeamFortress 2 and Fallout4 for the whole of february.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looking at your list I'm kind of sad to see you don't have a month for janky, overambitious, Eastern-European games. Those are always fun to watch.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't think Shadow Warrior is necessary to play SW2! Especially if you have people to play co-op it would be great

Also Titanfall 2's campaign is super good.

Lovely Planet is a real hidden gem

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Titanfall 2 is sweet and short, so great for this monthly challenge. I'll definitely play some multi with you if you're up for it, VG.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i have neither a ps4 or titanfall 2 or i'd love to drop titans on it with you.

(i'm assuming that the pc multi is a ghost town at this point)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Titanfall 2 kicks a lot of rear end and this would give me a good excuse to hop onto multi again, I stopped playing after I prestiged like 3 times.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Just keep playing Japanese games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

elf help book posted:

Just keep playing Japanese games.

Gal*Gun Double Peace is Japanese, in first person, and you shoot

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!
And the DLC options

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I played shadow warrior 2 without ever touching 1 and enjoyed it just fine. By almost all accounts from people who played both, it's the much better of the two

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah, I would support dropping Battlefront to play Shadow Warrior 2 and SUPERHOT. Honestly I would also push back Dishonored if you need to make room for those, like yes it has a gun but that's like calling Resident Evil 7 an FPS

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

March is your strategy month, right? I look forward to Freedom Force!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Feb 1st Report:

Played 3 hours of Titanfall2 campaign! Good grief that is a fun game. I also like how they are making me care about my titan. It's weird, I always thought they were disposable suits I didn't realise they had personalities.

In regards to Shadow Warrior 2, I own 1 so I will give that a play through. I would like to see what Battlefront is like as well. I have no qualms dropping a game I'm not connecting with. Also I suppose that even though its called FPSBruary, I have included a few games with the first person view and I'm always being told about how great Dishonoured is.

At the moment, Titanfall2 and Destiny will get my main focus because I really enjoy playing my PS4.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

VideoGames posted:

Feb 1st Report:

Played 3 hours of Titanfall2 campaign! Good grief that is a fun game. I also like how they are making me care about my titan. It's weird, I always thought they were disposable suits I didn't realise they had personalities.

So you've done Cause and Effect, right?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mordja posted:

So you've done Cause and Effect, right?

I just put in the third battery and beat down that enemy Titan. He kept complimenting me on my fighting. I cannot remember where that is. I did have a lot of fun getting used to the movement and wall running. It's really fluid!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that's very early, just the first level. Although it's a prettt short campaign so you'll know Cause and Effect when you get to it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Pilot-BT duo is the best buddy team of 2016. Also it's Effect and Cause. You know, because of the thing

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

As far as FPSes go, I've had the Shadow Warrior reboot, Wolf New Order / Old Blood, and the Rise of the Triad reboot. Maybe more, who knows what lies in my Steam library unplayed.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

VideoGames posted:

I just put in the third battery and beat down that enemy Titan. He kept complimenting me on my fighting. I cannot remember where that is. I did have a lot of fun getting used to the movement and wall running. It's really fluid!

Oh wow, you've barely even started, then.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mordja posted:

Oh wow, you've barely even started, then.

I am very slow at video games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

I'll definitely play some multi with you if you're up for it, VG.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

VideoGames posted:

As always, if I have missed anything from this genre you think I should play then please let me know!

Play CS:GO again!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dork457 posted:

Play CS:GO again!

I will! I'll try and get a mic too and not die almost immediately!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So, one week into February and I am loving Destiny and Titanfall 2.

I've only been playing story missions on both, because I am still pretty sloppy with aiming, but they both feel awesome to run around in and shoot. I'm not too big on playing fps multi player against player without a mouse because I'm not used to it, but the longer I play the more I think I will at least give it a try!

I would never have thought I'd enjoy a Bungie game after my experience with Halo1 so this is a really nice surprise.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Console shooters these days, Titanfall 2 in particular, have such crazy levels of autoaim and low health that killing folks is like 90% about map awareness and positioning, which I like quite a bit

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

VideoGames posted:

So, one week into February and I am loving Destiny and Titanfall 2.

I've only been playing story missions on both, because I am still pretty sloppy with aiming, but they both feel awesome to run around in and shoot. I'm not too big on playing fps multi player against player without a mouse because I'm not used to it, but the longer I play the more I think I will at least give it a try!

I would never have thought I'd enjoy a Bungie game after my experience with Halo1 so this is a really nice surprise.

How far are you in the latter?

Seriously, TF2 had one of the best shooter campaigns in years and reminded me more of HL2 than COD. Only Do4m's might edge it out, and only because there was more of it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mordja posted:

How far are you in the latter?

Seriously, TF2 had one of the best shooter campaigns in years and reminded me more of HL2 than COD. Only Do4m's might edge it out, and only because there was more of it.

In Titanfall2 I stopped playing after doing some sewer like levels. I'd been running around in BT then we had to split up. I think I might be halfway through that first split up part.

I've been playing Destiny more on PS4, and I also did a bit more of the DOOM campaign on PC last night as well.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i should start playing DO4M again but i need to move the installation over to my SSD first.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Destiny is definitely my favourite game so far. Spent another couple of hours running around doing bounties. Just good fun!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

play more Titan fall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

VideoGames posted:

In Titanfall2 I stopped playing after doing some sewer like levels. I'd been running around in BT then we had to split up. I think I might be halfway through that first split up part.

I've been playing Destiny more on PS4, and I also did a bit more of the DOOM campaign on PC last night as well.

You are one level away from where TF2 takes off. Keep going.

• Locked thread