Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't think Shadow Warrior is necessary to play SW2! Especially if you have people to play co-op it would be great

Also Titanfall 2's campaign is super good.

Lovely Planet is a real hidden gem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

elf help book posted:

Just keep playing Japanese games.

Gal*Gun Double Peace is Japanese, in first person, and you shoot

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah, I would support dropping Battlefront to play Shadow Warrior 2 and SUPERHOT. Honestly I would also push back Dishonored if you need to make room for those, like yes it has a gun but that's like calling Resident Evil 7 an FPS

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Pilot-BT duo is the best buddy team of 2016. Also it's Effect and Cause. You know, because of the thing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Titanfall 2 is so good at making you feel like a badass while playing it, like continually. People usually point to a moment in the middle and a moment near the end for this, but everything about the game does it. The first time I cloaked to completely flank an enemy fireteam, slammed someone against the wall as I decloaked, shotgunned two others, hacked a robot to fight against its own team, and then shot two others while wallrunning and then hopping to the next area, I realized that I was doing exactly what that seemingly-cheesy cutscene at the beginning showed, and usually games that have cutscenes like those never live up to that. Catching bullets and then hurling them back at your opponents? Launching a barrage of Macross rockets? It's all there.

Then I went into multiplayer and it was Call of Duty spawn and die in three seconds, forever

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I really enjoyed Battlefront's beta event on Hoth. But the length of time of the beta was really about as long as it could sustain my interest, and Hoth was the best map, so the full release was super disappointing to me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I beat the TF2 campaign in three evenings, it was so good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's a shooter where you alternate between acrobatic mobility and walking death robots, neither of which would benefit from space all that much.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I mean, I think there are things to criticize about TF2 but level variety was definitely not one of them. Jungle, Sewer (that was kind of lame), Shifting Terraformer Landscapes, Time Travel Singularity, Deserts, Jumping Between In-Flight Aircraft, in a couple hours they really covered a lot of ground

VideoGames posted:

I completed Titanfall2 last night! That was an awesome campaign. I was sad when BT passed away. He had a ton of personality even though he was just a monotone robot. Really great game!!

Did you see the little ending thing?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak was a great RTS and one of my top games of 2016

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I solved every main puzzle in The Witness without looking anything up -- except two that I was stuck on for a week. I think that may haunt me forever.

The game is very good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It is a first person game! Seems on-topic to me.

The puzzles in the castle were my favorite.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have been playing the Witness on and off since September. This conversation has inspired me to finish it, which means I hope to get to the Challenge by the end of the month and complete the Challenge by the end of March

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The katana in Superhot is the best melee DPS melee attack of 2016. Glory kills in Doom and the Titanfall 2 slide kick are runners up

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I loved Zero Hour because of that one American general that just says LASERS all the time. Whoo, man, I wonder how the GLA holds up in 2017 though.

I asked about Planetary Annihilation in the Steam thread and got warned away from it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I forgot that I got Tropico 5 as part of PS+, I might check that out this month too!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Play all the Homeworlds. If you play RTS for weird reasons like me this is the video that sold me on Deserts of Kharak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFpZtN1ySs0

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think Destiny 2 will be on PC, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Almost all of the assets are unique except for a couple sound clips.

I mean, at that point why don't you just try to release a new game "inspired by Metroid", you could even sell it with no issues

• Locked thread