Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fargin Icehole posted:

I haven't tried Freedom Force lately, sorry. I didn't encounter any problems with the Standalone expansion when i bought it.

Company of heroes to me has the best sound direction in RTS history. It's not advertised as a major feature, and it should be. All units have special dialogue according to the situation. Nighttime? They speak in hushed tones when not in combat. When they're in combat? people lose their poo poo if they are pinned down. Send your infantry with no anti-tank against a tank? They think you're loving crazy or they hope they can distract the tank.

I'll never forget that pinned down airborne squad quote when you click to command them. "I'M A LITTLE BIT loving BUSY?!"

This post makes me sad because I can't seem to get CoH working on Windows 10. I'm terrible at RTS, but I loved CoH's single player for the atmosphere it had, no other RTS I've played comes remotely close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lizard Wizard posted:

All I can really say is "good job buying Windows 10".

Eh, I got it for free with that upgrade program, and CoH is literally the only game I've had trouble getting to run. I can play World in Conflict just fine!

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mordja posted:

Strange, I went and reinstalled COH1 and it works perfectly fine on my machine. Are you using the New Steam Version? Not that I know it matters.

...If it is something as simple as this I'm gonna feel dumber than usual. I'll have to try downloading the old separate versions now.

• Locked thread