Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
SUPERHOT is the most innovative shooter I've played in years an amazing game. It's short, too - you could knock it out in a couple hours.

I can't imagine you haven't played Overwatch, but if you somehow missed it it's pretty much the shooter of last year.

Shadow Warrior II was another excellent single player shooter. It straddles the line between Borderlands and new DOOM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

VideoGames posted:

So I gave the Witness a spin.

What a stunningly beautiful game! It's gorgeous to walk around and the puzzles are totally my kind of tricky! I've only done thirty or so and half of them I'm not sure why I'm doing them, but I am a huge fan!

I'm just finishing the 'main' part of the Witness. It's a real treat - I've never played anything quite like it. You will eventually have a little more direction as to what the puzzles are 'for', but really, you do puzzles because puzzles are fun.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts as you go through, and what your favorite areas are.

It can be tempting to look things up when you get stuck, but try and resist the urge. It's a lot more satisfying that way. If you can't figure out an area, try walking away from it and go to another part of the island. You might find your subconscious has figured out the solution on your return.

I was stuck in the swamp for days, completely unable to get that puzzle type to 'click', and then I woke up one morning and they were trivial. It was an amazing feeling.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
That one stumped me for a while too. I'm sure you'll figure it out soon. Have fun with it!

Personally speaking, my favorite areas are the one with the orange-colored trees, the one in the jungle, and the greenhouse. My least favorite was actually the desert temple, but I have friends who loved it. Interested to hear your thoughts as you continue.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
This looks like a great set of games! When you get around to Company of Heroes, try and play it with a good pair of headphones. It still has some the best sound design in its class, IMO. I used to play the multi-player a ton back in high school. I'd set the volume real loud so I could get early warning of approaching tanks. :allears:

I know it's a weird thing to highlight but it's always stuck out to me.

• Locked thread