Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

VideoGames posted:

Next Month
April Scours should be a month when I just can't stop gaming. Platformers are my favourite genre and metroidvanias are mostly that. I have a few ideas for what I might be playing but would love some suggestions!

Please play Front Mission: Gun Hazard, the platformer with RPG-style stats for the SNES by Squaresoft where you play as a 4px-tall man with a pistol in a 50px-tall murder robot. Shoot at mercenaries with your regenerating machine guns, save the president, and join forces with a Saudi Arabian whose mech's only weapon is planting IEDs! It's a great game for the whole family.

It also has my favorite bonus feature where you can gain levels and buy new equipment like normal, but your individual parts level up the more you use them. Your guns shoot faster, hit harder, and reload more quickly; your special weapons get more ammo; your frame gets more defense and HP; and your jetpacks let you fly longer with tighter controls. And in true balance fashion, it's strictly a bonus: leveling your parts is just an extra edge. The game itself is largely balanced around the assumption that you're only going to be gaining character levels and keeping your equipment up to date.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Honestly it's probably a little more complicated than that. I understand where you're coming from, and that would've been the outcome in a perfect world. Law is scary and tangly, though, and I guess protecting their IP came before considering any business deals.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

raditts posted:

You don't even need a dongle for the newer ones anymore, they connect via bluetooth.

but i don't have bluetooth on my computer

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

raditts posted:

Then buy a bluetooth dongle off amazon for $2 or buy a computer made this decade I guess

i built mine a couple years ago but buying an extra pci adapter or dongle that costs more to ship to me than the unit itself for something i can just wire up with a usb cable i have on hand seems unnecessary

maybe i'm just a luddite but my opinion of bluetooth has always been "yeah so :geno:"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I mean when you put it that way, sure, there are mobos with built-in Bluetooth and wi-fi receivers. For me, it's more important that it's compatible with a multi-OS system than having those other features.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Oh no man not VM, I multi boot, which is just sliiiiightly more of a pain in the rear end :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
It's pretty easy to get a stable build, it's mostly the motherboard that's the limiting factor. Unless it came out like last month, most popular models of cpu and gpu are supported. I mean, unless you like AMD processors

but then my tolerance for bullshit is extremely high, i put up with a linux installation back in the days when they expected you to ping a server from the command line to get ethernet drivers... but i can totally relate to your dislike of building hackintosh because i haven't used linux since for this exact reason

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 10, 2017

• Locked thread