Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Do you have time for more FPS games? There were some really good titles released in recent years. Gunslinger, Metro: Last Light and Wolfenstein: TNO come to mind but I don't know what you've already played and if you're planning on buying additional titles or if you prefer to keep to your backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The secret to Bloodborne is that you can run past the enemies most of the times. I'm not saying it's the way to play the entire game but it's definitely the way to make a beginner's life easier before you get more proficient with the combat. This way you learn to observe what the enemies actually do instead of being conditioned to fighting them and you can unlock your first shortcuts, lanterns and learn the map layout way faster this way. Too many people approach the game as if they have to fight every single mob they meet and then they bounce off this seemingly sisyphean task when they have to do it over and over. The game really isn't that hard if you chill out about enemy presence more.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Fargin Icehole posted:

I thought Battlefront was going to go the F2P route in february? Or was that just a rumor this last christmas?

Mordja posted:

Definitely the first I've heard of it and a quick google doesn't turn up anything. Besides, didn't the game sell gangbusters?
Battlefront became a part of Origin Access where for a monthly fee of $5 you get access to a catalogue of EA games so it's not F2P but a part of a subscription.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

There were some great FPSes in the meantime though. Gunslinger, Bulletstorm, Metro: Last Light (aka Half-Life 3) or even Singularity (aka alternative Half-Life 2), not mentioning Painkiller because I'm guessing people know how good it was (its HD remake was also solid). I definitely recommend people check those titles out.

• Locked thread