Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I have a long-standing dream of completing the first three Metal Slug games on one credit. Nearly there on the first one, somewhere in the middle with the sequels. It's a learning process.

Needless to say, they're all quite different games when you're determined to beat them as "Cheaply" as possible, as opposed to (virtual) quarter-spamming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Shindragon posted:

I've gotten pretty good at doing that in Metal Slug 3. I do die but I never used a continue.

Metal Slug 3's last level however is my biggest challenge. Such a loooooooooong stage.
Deaths are acceptable, wasting money is not.

Got started with Metal Slug 3, trying to beat it on one credit, then went back and decided to try my hand at the original and X. I actually consider X the hardest of the three since it throws so many enemies at you, while occasionally demanding you make exact jumps to proceed. I regularly tap out around the boss of the second level. I've fared better with 3, making it all the way up to the start of the fourth level - there was much rejoycing the day I beat Jupiter King. The infamous last level isn't even a concern of mine yet.

The original, though, I can get about halfway through the last level before throwing in the towel. Sometimes. The third level's a bit of a bottleneck. Either I die there or I make it all the way to the finale (to die there). Still holding out hope.

• Locked thread