Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I thought Battlefront was going to go the F2P route in february? Or was that just a rumor this last christmas?

Considering how shallow the gameplay was, i believed it. I loving loved the spaceship only battles, and had tons of fun with the MG-42 looking heavy blaster!

For about two hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
DOOM Arcade is so good. Spending 10-15 constantly moving and murdering demons is just pure adrenaline. gently caress all the other FPSes from 2000 to now. Half-life 2 was probably the closest to dynamic fun in awhile.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

VideoGames posted:

I will try! Where is the best place to get it from? Also I need to do my March! post.

You're in luck. Best place is Good Old Games, and they are holding a Spring sale now. Both Freedom Force and it's standalone expansion cost a buck fifty each.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

VideoGames posted:

Do either of you have any goo suggestions in getting freedom force to work well for me? Or any unofficial patches? I am having errors with sound and changing the resolution :(

I haven't tried Freedom Force lately, sorry. I didn't encounter any problems with the Standalone expansion when i bought it.

Eela6 posted:

This looks like a great set of games! When you get around to Company of Heroes, try and play it with a good pair of headphones. It still has some the best sound design in its class, IMO. I used to play the multi-player a ton back in high school. I'd set the volume real loud so I could get early warning of approaching tanks. :allears:

I know it's a weird thing to highlight but it's always stuck out to me.

Company of heroes to me has the best sound direction in RTS history. It's not advertised as a major feature, and it should be. All units have special dialogue according to the situation. Nighttime? They speak in hushed tones when not in combat. When they're in combat? people lose their poo poo if they are pinned down. Send your infantry with no anti-tank against a tank? They think you're loving crazy or they hope they can distract the tank.

I'll never forget that pinned down airborne squad quote when you click to command them. "I'M A LITTLE BIT loving BUSY?!"

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I love when the infantry get a command to garrison a building while under heavy fire he goes "Get.The gently caress. IN THERE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Little touches too, like getting German Grenadier squads reinforced back at HQ.

"So, you're the new guy huh? Hope you got your poo poo together."

Sherman Tanks under heavy fire from anything that shreds tanks.

"GODDAMNIT, JUST DRIVE. GET US OUT OF HERE!"

• Locked thread