Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Almost all of the assets are unique except for a couple sound clips.

Yeah you're probably right, but I've seen a few fangames get released officially, so I think if Nintendo was willing they could find a way to do it without damaging their IP rights.

Nintendo is the last video game company on earth that will be open to releasing fan games. Hell, the internet infrastructure on their consoles still feels like it's a decade behind the times let alone their policy on this sort of stuff. I think the fact that Nintendo waited until the game was out and available to send the C&D is the best anyone could've hoped for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

i built mine a couple years ago but buying an extra pci adapter or dongle that costs more to ship to me than the unit itself for something i can just wire up with a usb cable i have on hand seems unnecessary

maybe i'm just a luddite but my opinion of bluetooth has always been "yeah so :geno:"

I think he might've been assuming you were in a position in which wireless was the only option. Wired Xbox One is the way to go.

• Locked thread