Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looking at your list I'm kind of sad to see you don't have a month for janky, overambitious, Eastern-European games. Those are always fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

VideoGames posted:

Feb 1st Report:

Played 3 hours of Titanfall2 campaign! Good grief that is a fun game. I also like how they are making me care about my titan. It's weird, I always thought they were disposable suits I didn't realise they had personalities.

So you've done Cause and Effect, right?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

VideoGames posted:

I just put in the third battery and beat down that enemy Titan. He kept complimenting me on my fighting. I cannot remember where that is. I did have a lot of fun getting used to the movement and wall running. It's really fluid!

Oh wow, you've barely even started, then.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

VideoGames posted:

So, one week into February and I am loving Destiny and Titanfall 2.

I've only been playing story missions on both, because I am still pretty sloppy with aiming, but they both feel awesome to run around in and shoot. I'm not too big on playing fps multi player against player without a mouse because I'm not used to it, but the longer I play the more I think I will at least give it a try!

I would never have thought I'd enjoy a Bungie game after my experience with Halo1 so this is a really nice surprise.

How far are you in the latter?

Seriously, TF2 had one of the best shooter campaigns in years and reminded me more of HL2 than COD. Only Do4m's might edge it out, and only because there was more of it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Fargin Icehole posted:

I thought Battlefront was going to go the F2P route in february? Or was that just a rumor this last christmas?

Definitely the first I've heard of it and a quick google doesn't turn up anything. Besides, didn't the game sell gangbusters?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

raditts posted:

So Titanfall 2 is good, huh? I remember everyone absolutely making GBS threads on Titanfall 1 so I never even bothered giving it a look, but I might have to check it out.

It's great, and so was TF1 to be honest, just slight.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Instant Sunrise posted:

Are the MP servers still full of Wehraboos who can't stop jerkin' it to Rommel and the Tiger tanks?

Can only speak for COH2, but playing as the Allies you sure face off against a lot of players named things like "34th SS Panzerwaffe."

Worse, given the way the game's balanced, there's a good argument that the devs themselves are Wehraboos of the highest order. loving OKW! :argh:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak was a great RTS and one of my top games of 2016

Pathos posted:

I agree with this -- Homeworld DoK was amazing and pretty much every RTS player should have it.

:yeah:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

VideoGames posted:

I chose to round off February getting further into Doom. It was an excellent game, even if I did not finish it.

So how does your schedule work, are you going to finish it alongside other games you're playing for the month, or are you not going to touch it until at least next year?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Generals owns and is actually the best Command and Conquer game. :colbert:

Vanilla or Zero Hour?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Play all the Homeworlds. If you play RTS for weird reasons like me this is the video that sold me on Deserts of Kharak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFpZtN1ySs0
No lie, the clinical professionalism of everyone in the Homeworld games is one of my favourite things about that series.

Also DOK was one of my best, woefully overlooked games of last year.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

VideoGames posted:

March!

Hello! I got a Switch and allowed myself a little time to play with it before getting into the full swing of March! March is strategy games/rts/isometric control sort of builderish games. This is a genre where 99% of my experience has been with the awesome and wonderful Total Annihilation.

Sorry to say, but you've already played the best, now try the rest.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Eela6 posted:

This looks like a great set of games! When you get around to Company of Heroes, try and play it with a good pair of headphones. It still has some the best sound design in its class, IMO. I used to play the multi-player a ton back in high school. I'd set the volume real loud so I could get early warning of approaching tanks. :allears:

I know it's a weird thing to highlight but it's always stuck out to me.

Jesus Conrad, tie your loving laces!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

VideoGames posted:

Total Annihilation ruined me a little, it is safe to say. I always wanted to play the others as much as TA, but there always seemed to be things lacking.

I warned you bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

fivegears4reverse posted:

Eh, I got it for free with that upgrade program, and CoH is literally the only game I've had trouble getting to run. I can play World in Conflict just fine!

Strange, I went and reinstalled COH1 and it works perfectly fine on my machine. Are you using the New Steam Version? Not that I know it matters.

• Locked thread