Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Is there really not a Undertale thread here? I googled a bit and they were all archived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Ciaphas posted:

The thread(s?) led a long fruitful life then was mercy killed by the OP as discussion got weird/stagnant.

Aw what a shame. I recently started playing it and I have so many questions.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Real hurthling! posted:

ask em

or go to the "playing a game for the first time" thread or chat.

but here why not. Videogames only deigns to tell us about his gaming life every few days anyway

For one. How do I get healing items once I reach the proper fight with the robot?

I struggle with the fighting mechanics in this game and take quite a lot of damage but I missed the lizards clues during the game show boss fight. I took enormous amounts of damage during that as I just guessed the answers and I used up all my healing items.

Is there some place I can go back to get some money or healing items?

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
I love the story and the music but the combat is killing me.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Really Pants posted:

You'd have to backtrack and buy healing items from Bratty & Catty or Burgerpants.

Really? I might start over instead. It has been a terrible play through. I did everything in my power not to harm anyone but I still managed to kill the dummy, Tori, Undyne.... Probably a few more I forgot.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Really Pants posted:

If you're going pacifist, there will only ever be one fight where you have to use Attack at all.

I'm sure that's true but but I spared as much as I could before I had to end the fights or simply die myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

raditts posted:

If sparing doesn't work at first, then you have to do something else first before it will work. But like Really Pants said, there is only one battle where you ever need to use Fight, and the game will make that very clear.

Yes I read a little about it. I'm not sure how one would figure our some of these on the fly. Maybe the average player is just a lot better than me at dodging.

• Locked thread