Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Metal Slug is an unending classic. The animation is still fun to watch over 20 years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Titanfall 2 is sweet and short, so great for this monthly challenge. I'll definitely play some multi with you if you're up for it, VG.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

VideoGames posted:

In Titanfall2 I stopped playing after doing some sewer like levels. I'd been running around in BT then we had to split up. I think I might be halfway through that first split up part.

I've been playing Destiny more on PS4, and I also did a bit more of the DOOM campaign on PC last night as well.

You are one level away from where TF2 takes off. Keep going.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
There are moments in the multiplayer where I feel like a badass along the lines of the main game. For example, the other day I dropped my Ronin titan on a Legion, killing it. I teleported in, slid forward toward towards a weak tone, shot gunned it in the face, executed it, tanked more legion fire while backing him into a corner, nuke ejected him, dropped another Ronin while I was mid-air and landed and teleported in to go fight more mans. Rare moments but fun when it happens.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

VideoGames posted:

So far the majority of my time has been taken up with Destiny. I find this really strange because I do not like Halo at all but from all accounts, it's basically modern Halo. Despite that I am about to hit level 13 and just did my first moon mission.

Play the next mission in TF2.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

raditts posted:

So Titanfall 2 is good, huh? I remember everyone absolutely making GBS threads on Titanfall 1 so I never even bothered giving it a look, but I might have to check it out.

This one has a real single player campaign and it's actually quite fun. The multplayer fixed some of the issues from the first as well (more mech variety, more reason to actually pilot the mechs instead of just dropping them down and staying on foot) and added some new modes

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Ularg posted:

The entire complaint for Titanfall 1 was either "There's not enough useless stuff to unlock, not enough pointless guns to not use" or people just bitter it was an Xbox/PC release, or of course the lack of a campaign during a time everyone was complaining about needless campaigns or tact on multiplayer. Titanfall 2 fixes literally every problem so if anyone who used those excuses I previously mentioned about TF1 still hates TF2 I wanna slap em across the face.

I played a lot of TF1 and those were not my issues. They were that you were better off letting your mech do its own thing than piloting it, the "single player campaign" sucked, and the game modes were too limited. TF2 fixes all that.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Ularg posted:

Hardpoint no longer has AI so I disagree. :colbert:

Hardpoint sucks yeah but that's not the only reason. The amping mechanic is dumb and the placement of hard points is bad - either the center or the outer points should always be mech accessible but this is not true on all maps.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Aphrodite posted:

Not playing in space, other planets. Mix up the environment a bit. Canyon and city aren't very different when you're a wall running guy.

I'd like to see more planets in a sequel but to be fair, the planet has more than one biome and the last couple levels involve a bunch of spaceships in atmos.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

VideoGames posted:

I completed Titanfall2 last night! That was an awesome campaign. I was sad when BT passed away. He had a ton of personality even though he was just a monotone robot. Really great game!!

Nice, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Along with Doom4, it's one of my unexpected favorites of 2016. Doom is a way different game though - I know you're planning on playing it, just know it's more of an arena combat thing with a dry, dark sense of humor instead of any real story.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Ciaphas posted:

Nah I agree it got slightly :geno: by the time you got your final goal but it was still a fantastic romp from start to almost-finish

I agree with you and hurth to an extent but I think what got me through the last couple levels were the assigned challenges and the fact that even though I'd upgraded some of my weapons into terrifying everything-destroyers, it could still be hard at times.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Myth multiplayer is one of great times in games that I don't think can ever really be replicated. Lots of last stands where one dude's thrall manages to not die in the giant melee and dwarf explosion and win a match.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

since you like destiny you should play bungie's only good game, myth the god drat fallen lords

also thanks for the free gang tag of the bandaid wrappers making crapping faces on each other, vg. you the best.

This a thousand times. Myth 1 and 2 are the best RTS games, especially if your metric for good includes "accidentally destroying your entire army with a badly thrown Molotov cocktail"

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Having hardware support for VM seems pretty standard these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I'm not sure what your use case is but the last time I looked into hackintosh, it was such a huge pain in the butt, with all kinds of asterisk-filled white lists of parts to buy and some pretty annoying stuff to do to get a stable installation of OSX working. Blugh.

• Locked thread