Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Megaman Legacy Collection.

I suck at these. I truly, truly suck. I feel as though I'm not sure which boss to go for first, so think I might be accidentally gimping myself. I'm assuming there are easy paths through but I do not know them. I'm playing on PS4 and have given 1 stage from each a try. In the fourth was the only time that I reached the boss of that stage. I think this is something I'm going to have to push myself to complete.

1 and 2 are pretty brutal; the games didn't really hit their stride in terms of difficulty until 3. Additionally, you might have an easier time if you look up the optimal boss order for each game. I've been playing the series for as long as I can remember, and even I did that.

Last but not least, I know this might seem obvious, but make sure you're using the slide in 3 onwards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

March is your strategy month, right? I look forward to Freedom Force!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Also I will be able to put up the list of March games tomorrow, but it looks like it'll most likely be Tropico 5, Supreme Commander, Planetary Annihilation, Planet Coaster, C&C Generals and something else I cannot remember.

Freedom Force

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

VideoGames please confirm or deny that you are going to be playing Freedom Force.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Do either of you have any goo suggestions in getting freedom force to work well for me? Or any unofficial patches? I am having errors with sound and changing the resolution :(

Freedom Force has an incredibly dumb issue where, upon changing anything but the sound device in the options, it will change the selected sound device to "No Sound". Just make sure you go back and select a sound device.

Other than that, please elaborate on your problems?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

You should try messing about with the time controls and "pausing" the game by cranking it down to the slowest possible setting. It doesn't quite work as intended.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Good luck with Freedom Force! It, uh, has some balance/difficulty issues at times.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

McSpanky posted:

It's been quite a while but as I recall all that goes away when you get The Ant's acid grenades, and if not by then certainly when you get The Bullet :flashfact:

And then again when you get Microwave.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

eonwe posted:

ya, its great

this guy gets it

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

All I can really say is "good job buying Windows 10".

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Nodbarnacle posted:

Just got Shovel Knight. Fun and challenging. Could use some work in terms of checkpoints though. Not sure what purpose they serve outside the intangible.

They exist so you don't have to do the whole stage over if you die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

64-bit Windows 7 is kinda fucky in terms of Bluetooth, actually.

• Locked thread