Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

As cool as this is you made January the Japanese Gaming Month when Persona 4 is coming out in April what have you dooooone

2016 was a great year for both JRPGs and FPS though. It's the first year I played and enjoyed multiple FPS games again mainly because they're back to being an actual genre with variety instead of everyone trying to copy one of the popular games.

Things you should play in February that came out in 2016 alone
Doom, Doom is so good
Dishonored 2. Technically an FPS even if you can go the whole game without shooting anything
Overwatch, which you mentioned playing already

January: Honestly Bloodborne is the type of game that will swallow your entire January if you let it. It's a great game but I feel like it's the type of game where you decide "this is what I'm playing now" and your PS4 just becomes the Bloodborne Box for a couple of months. Also if you're going for JRPG month, like I said there's Persona 5 coming out which you'll probably want to play later in April.

Looking ahead the good thing about 2007 is Mario Galaxy. It also has the flawed first entries in games that eventually became much better which are interesting in a "huh that's how it was" way more than actually being good games - Witcher, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed were all 2007.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread