Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Undertale's designed so you gently caress up a couple times on your first run, and either reload saves to get it right through DETERMINATION or decide to replay the game once you clear it and get a not perfect end. Or you don't care, and just have that imperfect ending, and that's ok!

Instead what ends up happening is everyone you know screams at you that you absolutely must do the pacifist run and tells you exactly how to do everything if you struggle with it at all because they're terrified of you missing out on even the slightest bit of content in this game. Which is pretty ironic given the game's themes.

Also, this is not the Games chat thread, this is a thread for a poster to talk about his special Gaming Year, so maybe take this to the Games Chat thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CrashCat posted:

Playing an illegal game right after the biggest Nintendo game of the year... Somewhere Reggie sheds a single tear

Nintendo are straight up fools for not just buying the game from the dude and releasing it officially.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

raditts posted:

Yeah, let's give this guy money for making a thing using our own assets without permission.

Almost all of the assets are unique except for a couple sound clips.

The White Dragon posted:

Honestly it's probably a little more complicated than that. I understand where you're coming from, and that would've been the outcome in a perfect world. Law is scary and tangly, though, and I guess protecting their IP came before considering any business deals.

Yeah you're probably right, but I've seen a few fangames get released officially, so I think if Nintendo was willing they could find a way to do it without damaging their IP rights.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean, at that point why don't you just try to release a new game "inspired by Metroid", you could even sell it with no issues

One of the devs suggested that partway into it, but the other guy was like "I ain't finna make anything but a Metroid".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm mad at am2r because no matter what pad i plugged in it refused to allow movement on the dpad and it sucked with the analog stick very very hard and when i got to the point where it was unplayable and had to install joy to key my lovely laptop died forever and i had to stop playing

Were you using lovely Sony controllers or something, because it allows D-pad movement just fine on all my pads.

• Locked thread