Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there anybody who attacks with their hair like Milia Rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

most of the characters in tekken are relatively grounded except for joke characters like dr. b and tthe bears and gon. and true ogre. oh yeah and i guess the robots or at least alyssa since she has butterfly wings and has a command grab where she pulls off her head and hands it to the other person and it explodes

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

would be cool to traumatize the collective psyche of the killer instinct community by teabagging the halo arbiter with zitz from battletoads but alas i did not put in the work to rise up the ranks of the killer instinct professional leagues

tjthat would trigger me lol.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is that Geoff Keighly

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Is that Geoff Keighly

Gamers, and my penis, will rise.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Is that Geoff Keighly

I was gonna say it looks kinda like Jeff Gerstmann lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evo lineup was announced today

Street Fighter V
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Injustice 2
BlazBlue Central Fiction
Tekken 7
King of Fighters XIV

I'm glad marvel finally got kicked out but I'm sad about Melee still showing up. Idk what I would put in its place though. Maybe Ultra Steet Fighter II lol.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
is Smash 4 fun to watch? i can't imagine its as miserable as melee..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smash 4 is fun because there's a big character variety and the matches are about 1/3rd the length of Melee

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh also they put up a fan vote for the last tournament slot so people are going to vote in :iamafag: ARMS lmfao!!! :razz: so at least the top 8 for that will be pretty bizarre

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Oh also they put up a fan vote for the last tournament slot so people are going to vote in :iamafag: ARMS lmfao!!! :razz: so at least the top 8 for that will be pretty bizarre

its donation voting so i dont think the wacky pick will win

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i hope the melee tournament is just an excuse to get everyone who cares about melee in one room before they execute the final solution

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

its donation voting so i dont think the wacky pick will win

Lame. I'd rather see some old Japanese guys flailing joycons around on a stage in an empty 20000 seat arena than old American guys play marvel in front of 300 people

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh loving finally, Melee isn't on the main stage this year. 16 years of tyranny ended

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Street Fighter V
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Injustice 2
BlazBlue Central Fiction
Tekken 7
King of Fighters XIV

I'm glad marvel finally got kicked out but I'm sad about Melee still showing up. Idk what I would put in its place though. Maybe Ultra Steet Fighter II lol.

they should have mvc2 instead of injustic sf5 and smash edit mvc3 but hell mvc2 would be even better

mysterious loyall X fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 25, 2017

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

As long as MvC2 isn't anything like MvC3 I'd watch it. MvC3 is the most boring video game I've ever seen anyone play competitively.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I hope Gundam EXVS or that new "Versus" game or whatever is at Evo Japan

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope evo Japan is SFII Guilty Gear Accent Core and one billion DBZ games

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

As long as MvC2 isn't anything like MvC3 I'd watch it. MvC3 is the most boring video game I've ever seen anyone play competitively.

MVC2 is badas sas long as no one is playing Cable

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Oh loving finally, Melee isn't on the main stage this year. 16 years of tyranny ended

good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive never understood whats going on in any mvc game even while playing it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

same. I like playing mvc2 though, there's a cabinet at a barcade near me and it's easy to run the game against fucktarded millenials who don't know what a fireball motion is and take all their quarters from them.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

same. I like playing mvc2 though, there's a cabinet at a barcade near me and it's easy to run the game against fucktarded millenials who don't know what a fireball motion is and take all their quarters from them.

i tried reading my mvc manual once and it only confused me more

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

http://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/...m_Co.,_Ltd..pdf

like, reading it helped explain a lot of what was going on but cmon...

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

In Training posted:

Street Fighter V
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Injustice 2
BlazBlue Central Fiction
Tekken 7
King of Fighters XIV

No love for marvel

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I like Hwoarang. He's cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I'm gonna learn a new character in Guilty Gear

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive always called mvc2/3 the other smash bros. full of lovable characters and fun at parties, completely broken once you sit down and take it seriously

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to learn how to play Axl because I've always wanted to sparrowhawk loop people

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frosty Faustings IX kicks off tomorrow fellow Fighting Gamers http://frostyfaustings.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Frosty-Faustings-IX-Event-Schedule-Final.pdf

Of note:
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
Guilty Gear Accent Core +R
BlazBlue Central Fiction
Smash Wii U
Mystery Tourney
KOFXIV
UNIEL
Melty Blood
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (<---- HYPE!!! for this dead rear end game that I love and people still play)
Vampire Savior
Pokken
3rd Strike
Super Turbo
CVS2
Soul Calibur II
Rocket League

Gonna be an awesome weekend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also some of the IZ fighters are playing Guilty tonight if anyone wants to join the room. g6x4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man Guilty Gear is one of the best games ever

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Any Imps play Soul Calibur V?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Also some of the IZ fighters are playing Guilty tonight if anyone wants to join the room. g6x4

everyone play on pc instead of ps4 imho :twisted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't buy rev on pc because i bought sign on PC and launched it once

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sounds like you don't have true gamer strength i have done all the general missions except 52 [instant kill combo] and the one where you have to throw a gold burst 4 times now accross two different systems. i only did all the character specific missions on ps4 rev tho ;-( haven't started them on pc tho!!! there's a couple that are a real pita tho and i don't want to do again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PC fighters dont do very well in general. also didn't they like, kill all support for MKX on PC with no refunds lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They did and then they randomly went back and made good on it a few months ago and rolled in all the updates console had. And for stuff like GG console and PC are equally viable because 0 people use the matchmaking queue anyway, it's just about finding a lobby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Twitch went down right when the tourney was supposed to kick off for the weekend. Probably their servers were completely overwhelmed by thousands and thousands of fans tuning in to watch Tatsunoku vs Capcom exhibition matches

• Locked thread