Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9W9Qw-SpJw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Caithness posted:

Is this the fighting game mega thread for 2017?

This is the only fighting game coming out this year so sure. Well except for Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Just Shits Poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

would be cool to traumatize the collective psyche of the killer instinct community by teabagging the halo arbiter with zitz from battletoads but alas i did not put in the work to rise up the ranks of the killer instinct professional leagues

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

KI now has a classic Gears of War character: somebody who isn't Marcus Phoenix, for some reason.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never played a tekken before so I will pick the character with the longest hair

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there anybody who attacks with their hair like Milia Rage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is that Geoff Keighly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evo lineup was announced today

Street Fighter V
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Injustice 2
BlazBlue Central Fiction
Tekken 7
King of Fighters XIV

I'm glad marvel finally got kicked out but I'm sad about Melee still showing up. Idk what I would put in its place though. Maybe Ultra Steet Fighter II lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smash 4 is fun because there's a big character variety and the matches are about 1/3rd the length of Melee

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh also they put up a fan vote for the last tournament slot so people are going to vote in :iamafag: ARMS lmfao!!! :razz: so at least the top 8 for that will be pretty bizarre

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

its donation voting so i dont think the wacky pick will win

Lame. I'd rather see some old Japanese guys flailing joycons around on a stage in an empty 20000 seat arena than old American guys play marvel in front of 300 people

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh loving finally, Melee isn't on the main stage this year. 16 years of tyranny ended

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope evo Japan is SFII Guilty Gear Accent Core and one billion DBZ games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

same. I like playing mvc2 though, there's a cabinet at a barcade near me and it's easy to run the game against fucktarded millenials who don't know what a fireball motion is and take all their quarters from them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I'm gonna learn a new character in Guilty Gear

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to learn how to play Axl because I've always wanted to sparrowhawk loop people

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frosty Faustings IX kicks off tomorrow fellow Fighting Gamers http://frostyfaustings.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Frosty-Faustings-IX-Event-Schedule-Final.pdf

Of note:
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
Guilty Gear Accent Core +R
BlazBlue Central Fiction
Smash Wii U
Mystery Tourney
KOFXIV
UNIEL
Melty Blood
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (<---- HYPE!!! for this dead rear end game that I love and people still play)
Vampire Savior
Pokken
3rd Strike
Super Turbo
CVS2
Soul Calibur II
Rocket League

Gonna be an awesome weekend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also some of the IZ fighters are playing Guilty tonight if anyone wants to join the room. g6x4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man Guilty Gear is one of the best games ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't buy rev on pc because i bought sign on PC and launched it once

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They did and then they randomly went back and made good on it a few months ago and rolled in all the updates console had. And for stuff like GG console and PC are equally viable because 0 people use the matchmaking queue anyway, it's just about finding a lobby

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Twitch went down right when the tourney was supposed to kick off for the weekend. Probably their servers were completely overwhelmed by thousands and thousands of fans tuning in to watch Tatsunoku vs Capcom exhibition matches

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ryu's hadoken does 5 billion damage in this game. I'm not exaggerating it says the damage values on the screen.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's resident IZ poster Bears on the stream right now playing Chip as usual

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well they said his name but I don't know if he's actually playing. Team tourneys confuse me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh there he is. Good luck dude \o/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The triple blitz shield :staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoa Revelator is on sale for 20 bucks this weekend for PS4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/rsblackrose

Soul Calibur II Tournament. This game pwns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao at jebailey screaming I TECHED THAT. THIS GUY IS USING MACROS so loud the announcer mic is picking it up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American guilty tournaments are fun because you get rare matchups like Kum v Bedman and Slayer v Chipp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One of the guys in Top 8 Persona 4 Arena got there because there were 10 people signed up and two people didn't show up lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Day 2 Schej

Its bullcrap that they only KOF theyre showing is Top 8 and they have 7 hours of marvel instead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4 scheduled today and they had 3 hours of "exhibitions" yesterday which held up the CVS2 tourney because ChrisG wouldn't stop playing friggin Marvel :rant:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Edit it's actually 6 hours today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There was guy on stream wearing this shirt

and now I want one

• Locked thread