Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Yes:

The China boom cannot continue forever

China has made it pretty clear that if it can gently caress over foreign capital and get away with it, it will, so when that bust occurs, guess who's going to get screwed first?

That'll have reprecussions with first world finance

which will fall on it's fat loving face

and since first world economies decided to remove the manufacturing base and replace it with finance, to gently caress over their own unions, first world countries will enter a death spiral, because they don't actually produce anything of value, and their consumers are leveraged up to poo poo

welcome to the new age, bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Though I should clarify - by first-world finance I basically mean UK/US/EU, germany would have be fine if it hadn't decided to gently caress over the rest of the EU for it's own self-interest, as it is the EU is in deep poo poo

Japan & SK & Taiwan will weather it out

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
gasoline is great to stockpile, what are you talking about? It's a loving liquid, you can deal with that poo poo.

but which you actually want to stockpile more of, I feel, is going to depend on the type of collapse

if it's the type of collapse where there's machinery and cars and poo poo lying around afterwards, gasoline >> guns, because you're going to need energy

otherwise, guns >> gasoline

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
What? Yes you can, it's a loving chemical, but you need to remove oxygen to store it long term, and keep it in a non-reactive airtight chamber. You think that poo poo just magically disappears?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure guncotton lasts for ever either if exposed to moisture, you might have to do the same thing to it, to ensure longevity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I imagine the amish might do pretty well, if they can survive, but I feel like you're better off finding other survivors and ad-hocing a commune

so find a place near a river or other water sources, that's rural enough to actually be farmable, but not so rural that you're unlikely to ever meet enough people, and build your secret bunker there with tons of poo poo like guns, gas, medical supplies, and enough poo poo to food/water 20 people for about a year

also you're going to need farming implements, axes, loving nails, tons of rope and a granary/seed store

play your cards right and you'll become king of poo poo mountain, because you're the only person in 20km who has bandages

• Locked thread