Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

we'll probably have half a dozen minor recessions in the next decade but the real crash is pretty far off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Helsing posted:

:lol: what the gently caress is "free economic interaction"?

any economic system not based on open markets and financial manipulation is slave labor, hth

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

gobbagool posted:

it's very easy for an anime marxist to say that china "weathered" those things from behind your keyboard somewhere in a first world nation. diminishing the suffering of 2nd and 3rd world workers seems to be something that internet anime marxists do best in fact. It's almost like you're in love with a notion rather than reality

meanwhile diminishing the suffering of 1st world workers is something that everyone can get behind, because if someone dies from a preventable illness due to not having access to healthcare, well they should have just moved to California and started a business and bootstrapped themselves into the middle class

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

free trade is globalized trickle-down. we suffer all of the losses and business owners reap all of the gains

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

rudatron posted:

Though I should clarify - by first-world finance I basically mean UK/US/EU, germany would have be fine if it hadn't decided to gently caress over the rest of the EU for it's own self-interest, as it is the EU is in deep poo poo

Japan & SK & Taiwan will weather it out

I recall an anecdote shortly after the recession where Merkel makes fun of the UK PM because they didn't get hosed nearly as hard due to having an actual manufacturing base

as the financial capitol of the EU they'll be in a lot of poo poo when it falls apart though

e:

quote:

German Chancellor Angela Merkel once was asked by then-British prime minister Tony Blair what the secret was of her country's impressive success. She famously replied, "Mr. Blair, we still make things." In Germany, manufacturing still dominates finance, not the other way around, as Germany has continued to emphasize manufacturing and exports over the financial industry.

lol

the bitcoin of weed has issued a correction as of 19:25 on Jan 25, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Judakel posted:

the future economy will run on bullets and you must make your choice: shoot them or spend them

the metro games are good

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

guns and ammo will retain their value before, during, and after a systemic economic collapse far better than gold will

so will fuel but that's harder to stockpile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

that's complicated, I'd rather just store boxes of ammo and burn the gunpowder in those for warmth if I needed to

• Locked thread