Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

reminder that the arrival of the great depression was a comically unpredictable affair when all of the factors responsible (massive wealth inequality, unprecedented corporate welfare, desertifying farmland, lack of social programs) went on for long enough to be dismissed by everyone except people with one functioning empathy brain cell, right up until the economy flat loving froze all of a sudden because of one aforementioned factors hitting their critical point and the value of the USD went down, down, down

Yeah, we are in for free fall and that concerns me.

China is like lol, jk, you can play the fool if you want to America, but we will run you if you let us.

If Russia can, why not us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
Free market is a myth.

:agesilaus:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

due to how their odd state-capitalist economic system works, it's going to work strangely enough there that most of the brunt will actually be absorbed by the corporations instead of the people

china laughing at the united states from the top down

Yep.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

get that OUT of my face posted:

there's a nonzero chance we go to war with china in the next four years. all those people saying hillary's foreign policy would be worse are a bunch of dumbasses

:getin:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

ScrubLeague posted:

There's going to be a surge of deficit spending, followed by drastic cuts to government funded services. This will result in a few years of significant positive growth that will be entirely reversed when we go back to war for oil, leaving sustainable options years behind because hey, it's cheap enough to drive your Ford. The US Sovereign debt rating will be cut, interest rates will outpace inflation, and we enter another worldwide recession by 2022.

Nods.

At which point my party will blame the poor gently caress who has to clean up the mess.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

DrPossum posted:

a literal war with china may actually be a bad thing when you really think about it

Oh, I agree. I just also agree that if such a thing should occur it will be in large part due to Trump's idiocy concerning foreign policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Chokes McGee posted:

lol if you think Trump and the Tortilla Coast Pirates won't default on the debt as soon as possible, thus wrecking the US Bond and lighting the entire world economy on fire

:coffeepal:

• Locked thread