Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Six strings are for posers.

I play in a band called GagReflex and we don't have a guitarist. On purpose. "Oh, like Royal Blood?" I guess, although we were doing it before they were cool. "Oh, like DFA1979?" Yes, but with less dance synth stuff and more ideas per song. "Oh, like [another band]?" Yeah, yeah, alright, there are enough bands around doing this stuff that's we're not that unique or exciting any more. Just listen to the tracks, already. One bass, one drummer, one vocal, simple but... effective?

https://gagreflex.bandcamp.com

We've been working on this album for somewhere over three years now thanks to an assortment of real life crap including babies and jobs and relocations and so on. Yawn. It's done now, and it's being released for real this Friday but you can pre-order now if you're super keen. There are a few teaser tracks available for your delectation on Bandcamp already, and a video for one of those on Youtube, and if you're based in the UK or like us enough to travel internationally there are gigs happening too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgEgtjSMqhU

While there's quite a lot of multi-tracking and other studio magic to pad out the sound on the recorded tracks, we really don't have a problem with filling out the sound in live situations, which often surprises people. One of our most frequent comments immediately after shows is "Holy poo poo you guys make a lot of noise for just the two of you" which we take as a hefty compliment.

Anyway, if you love it or hate it or have questions or opinions about what genre we even are (a recent review came up with math-punk which is interesting if nothing else) go right ahead and post that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It's now live on Bandcamp as well as Spotify and various other streaming solutions.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I didn't know what to expect going in to something that was only bass/drums but I was pretty impressed. Production quality is drat good but I just can't help but think how adding a guitar could propel you guys from a 9/10 to 11/10... But that's just because I love guitar so much. You guys really maximize and go beyond what I thought would even be possible with just a bass guitar and it sounds really good. I love hard crunchy popping bass guitar and it's here in spades. Drums and vocals are all good too, definitely something I'd come hang out and listen if you were playing a local bar.

• Locked thread