Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Montasque posted:

They spend the first hour talking about PIZZAGATE and pedophilic satantic Democratic cults.

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
So tonight Milo was scheduled to do a thing at UC Berkeley.

The resulting protest seems to have gotten out of hand, with a large bonfire and protesters allegedly throwing fireworks and explosives (???) at police.

https://twitter.com/UCPD_Cal/status/826978649341440000

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
https://twitter.com/michael_bodley/status/826978134104748032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://itsgoingdown.org/berkeley-clashes-break-alt-right-milo/

edit: live feed of a sweet bonfire in that link btw

Bolton Hairy-Bore has issued a correction as of 03:46 on Feb 2, 2017

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

haha no college is gunna let milo speak there anymore

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
owns.

smashy smashy.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Karl Barks posted:

interesting that it likely will take a riot with property destruction for colleges to cancel these events, and not a person getting loving shot on campus by a milo supporter

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

as a respectable liberal it looks like I'll have to spend the next week defending this dapper lad

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Bolton Hairy-Bore posted:

interesting that it likely will take a riot with property destruction for colleges to cancel these events, and not a person getting loving shot on campus by a milo supporter

you can always get more students.

asking alumni to help rebuild the quad because of the riot that happened when you invited a nazi to speak is real hard.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
they used the metal barricades meant to keep protesters out to smash what looks to be all the windows

update: milo supporter attacked, beaten up, had to be carried away. MAGA hat stolen, set on fire on a long pike

Bolton Hairy-Bore has issued a correction as of 04:08 on Feb 2, 2017

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I'm an hour in.... They are now smashing Whisky and Alex Jones is about to tell Joe Rogan THE BIG TRUTHS.

E: Alex Jones is getting in a drunk/stoned argument with Eddie Bravo over the moon landing. Alex thinks America landed on the moon but they couldn't get the footage back, Eddie doesn't believe that man ever landed on the moon.

E2: Eddie Bravo keeps interrupting Alex Jones to ask about CHEM TRAILS. Alex Jones is trying to be reasonable on this.

Montasque has issued a correction as of 04:34 on Feb 2, 2017

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Karl Barks posted:

about time

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Montasque posted:

I'm an hour in.... They are now smashing Whisky and Alex Jones is about to tell Joe Rogan THE BIG TRUTHS.

E: Alex Jones is getting in a drunk/stoned argument with Eddie Bravo over the moon landing. Alex thinks America landed on the moon but they couldn't get the footage back, Eddie doesn't believe that man ever landed on the moon.

E2: Eddie Bravo keeps interrupting Alex Jones to ask about CHEM TRAILS. Alex Jones is trying to be reasonable on this.

I'm still only a half hour in, and I love how Joe Rogan keeps having to corral Jones.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I'm about half-way in and Alex Jones is super baked and keeps pausing to take a 'piss'.

E: Alex Jones says that TRUE PATRIOTS inside the intel agencies were the ones who leaked to Wikileaks to bring down the globalists.

E2: Alex Jones and Eddie Bravo are now in agreement on the global pedophile network. Jones thinks Trump is going to take it all down, including the Vatican.

E3: Alex Jones is now taking shots of whiskey before he tells them all about his secret convo with Donald Trump. They then got derailed, and all of them are so high and drunk they forgot the topic of the conversation(it was Obama's birth certificate.)

Montasque has issued a correction as of 05:26 on Feb 2, 2017

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
http://www.techspot.com/news/68000-reddit-bans-alt-right-subreddits-doxing.html

r/alternativeright has also been deleted for the same reasons.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
congratulations to Milo for continuing to be the Most Fired Man in America

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/826990247758135296
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/827007553808826370
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/827021252934107136

This is the happiest Milo has ever been.

Also I'm hearing rumours that a 'preacher' was beaten to death at the riot from randos on twitter. No legit info on this yet.

E: The 'preacher beaten to death' has to be fake news. What did happen was a few people were beaten badly, there's video of that floating around.

Also some chick got maced.

Montasque has issued a correction as of 08:06 on Feb 2, 2017

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Montasque posted:

This is the happiest Milo has ever been.

basically this. he got all the attention he could have ever asked for and more.

while it's a rousing victory for the left, it's a pyrrhic victory. while we got to get one in on someone that's way out there, this is being seen on the other side as a rallying call for arms to get up at those jerkass protesters that treated him so rudely in Berkeley.

poo poo's going to get really ugly

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Weeping Wound posted:

poo poo was already gonna get real ugly

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Weeping Wound posted:

basically this. he got all the attention he could have ever asked for and more.

while it's a rousing victory for the left, it's a pyrrhic victory. while we got to get one in on someone that's way out there, this is being seen on the other side as a rallying call for arms to get up at those jerkass protesters that treated him so rudely in Berkeley.

I'm having a hard time believing anybody's going to have time to care about Milo with the deluge of poo poo that's sure to come and won't stop coming

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Milos fanbois are cloistered cowards who fear confrontation and crave validation above all else, or else they wouldnt be constantly hiding behind FREE SPEECH like a bunch of shivering purse dogs

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

oh come on thats not at all true

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Him giving a speech at UC Berkeley also gives him attention, stop pretending that these guys get stronger when their face gets punched in, it doesn't

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Fascism thrives on a perception of strength and intimidation, if you're too scared to attack them then that gives them strength, if you rape their assholes then they don't look that scary anymore, and that 'aura of invincibility' disappears

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Weeping Wound posted:

Indeed. We should just give the guy a hundred billion dollars and a podium in every school in America to keep things from getting ugly.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Stop tryimg to think you'll get fox news on your side, you won't, they're happy to distort any opposition as violent, you'll never convince them. You may as well actually smash fascist erryday, for all the good it will do for Fox news headlines. If violence serves an instrumental purpose in weakening fascism, then use violence. This protest did what it needed to do.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Milo is a dipshit but I don't think he is the fash.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

He's basically Trump for people under 40 who aren't hillbillies or Christians, which means he is both not personally the fash and also extremely useful to them

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

ANTIFA needs to be extremely careful about who they bash. "Useful to Nazis" is entirely different from actual Nazis. This type of thing is what I was afraid of, we are hosed if the left starts thinking it's justified in busting up conservative meetings. They might be able to get away with it with Milo but this really can't become a trend or there is gonna be backlash that we won't have an answer to.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Baloogan posted:

republican is the new punk

This is an actual line of thinking among punk rock folks with bad opinions

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The Kingfish posted:

ANTIFA needs to be extremely careful about who they bash. "Useful to Nazis" is entirely different from actual Nazis. This type of thing is what I was afraid of, we are hosed if the left starts thinking it's justified in busting up conservative meetings. They might be able to get away with it with Milo but this really can't become a trend or there is gonna be backlash that we won't have an answer to.

This. This this this this. This.

I can loving guarantee that there are people tied to the far right who are begging for this to happen and inciting it as much as they possibly can. Maybe Kingfish is making a somewhat slippery slope-y point but it's still worth taking into account.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's an extremely complicated problem because they've set up a rhetorical no-win for any kind of resistance; direct violence means you're the brutal fascist you accuse them of being, exercising the force of legal or civil authority to make them gently caress off makes you censorious PC thought police, and standing in Designated Free Speech zones holding signs and chanting makes you spineless goofy SJWs. The only acceptable path is to just sort of let them do and say what they want. It's almost like the thought leaders intended that!

The viral nature of the punch heard round the world was probably not a good thing, though, because a ton of people really want to be the guy who lands or films the next Richard Spencer punch.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

He's been in an unavoidable tailspin since MDE lost their Adult Swim show.

Tim Heidecker is a national goddamn hero for what he did.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

a solid line of 'he targets private individuals for harassment, he's not just some conservative speaker and should not be allowed into colleges where he will endanger students' would be helpful but probably won't be allowed to form when the news can just find the most incoherent member of the crowd to interview

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The line that Milo is dangerous to students is obviously bullshit when it's his protestors who are setting fires and pepper spraying women.

E: Milo is just some conservative speaker, that's the whole problem.

The Kingfish has issued a correction as of 13:31 on Feb 2, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KiteAuraan posted:

Tim Heidecker is a national goddamn hero for what he did.

I don't get Adult Swim so who is Sam Hyde and what is this poo poo about?

Mekchu has issued a correction as of 13:33 on Feb 2, 2017

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

The line that Milo is dangerous to students is obviously bullshit when it's his protestors who are setting fires and pepper spraying women.

E: Milo is just some conservative speaker, that's the whole problem.

and yet nobody ever burned a campus down or shot a protester because newt gingrich was speaking

it's disingenuous to pretend that he isn't a deliberately antagonistic piece of poo poo

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Of course he is deliberately antagonist that's his entire schtick.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Kingfish posted:

he is a fellow traveler at best

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

And that schtick just paid of for him big time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

Of course he is deliberately antagonist that's his entire schtick.

Yeah. I don't think colleges should host speakers who are trolls doing a bit!