Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Montasque posted:

PUA community ->MRA->Gamergate->Alt right

lol cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Watson is way crazier than jones

infowars is "the CIA killed Kennedy"
prison planet is "the reptilians killed Kennedy"

have you even seen the fish people clip dude

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yeah but his point is that there's not a leader. left wing people (understandably) distrust hierarchies, but this creates a real problem in being effective.

its like adam curtis says in that interview baloogan posted everywhere last night

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

baloogan posted this earlier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcy8uLjRHPM

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

what the gently caress is a hollywood conservative lol

also john wayne clint eastwood

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

im the white mom checking in

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

consumed by normies posted:

that kid in the alt right fb post is honestly making me sad. i grew up doing bs in the internet but when i was that age the big dumb things were like, the O RLY owl meme and poo poo. growing up identifying as Kekistani Alt Reich Ubermensch is going to be bad. i was lucky to be irony poisoned by lf and not /pol/ i guess

o rly owl ftw

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztnutktJP7M

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

Not everyone can spend every minute on the web, friend.

I checked early this morning, and now I just got back on.

gently caress off

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Montasque posted:

judging from right wing and normie social media Spencer and the boys hosed up biggly. this is a complete disaster for the alt right. they are dead men walking.

id like to think this particular reactionary wave already peaked back in like jan and these guys are way overextended now

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the other thread is saying it was a 32 yo woman, i dunno

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

are we sure hes not excited lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

I was there today. Antifa won completely, which was why the fash decided to resort to a cowardly lone wolf terror attack that killed someone who I am pretty sure I met this morning

heavy

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Scent of Worf posted:

From leftypol:

lmao

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Montasque posted:

/pol/ is currently split between threads like this:

And threads like this:

lol. fuckin shook.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Vanguard America | The Face of American Fascism | Join Us in the Struggle for Race and Nation

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Al! posted:

this nazi rally was staged by the jews!!!!!!

lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

hell yeah

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Zikan posted:

the tiniest nazi has fled to Russia to avoid a lawsuit because he spent all of the money meant to hire a lawyer

https://twitter.com/maxbergmann/status/930416953747038208

oh man this was epic. epic epic nazi fail

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

oh boy i did nazi that coming

you leave out the best part

quote:

according to Edward, Anglin had another motivation: “He was going out there to marry two 16-year-old Muslim girls. He’d already met them and was buying them livestock for the dowry.”

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

inside the heart of every white nationalist is a failed marriage to two muslim teens

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

SpaceGoku posted:

they called reactionaries for good reason

for real, its right there in the word

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

one of the things i've noticed really diving into these podcasts and talks given at conferences is their strategy of trying to bait the left into lashing out. obviously we've seen them try to do this over and over again. the "it's okay to be white" flyer effort is the latest example. they talk about it like they're waging an insurgency.

it's a strategy of escalating to provoke an overreaction; with the goal being to have the left push far-right sympathizers further right. but this strategy also seems like a crapshoot. they're waging a culture war but an occasionally violent one, and the thing about any conflict is that there are so many unknown variables that happen when the rubber meets the road; like the driver of that car who plowed into the crowd. charlottesville was an attempt to escalate to provoke an overreaction, but one of their own overreacted to the left-wing counter-escalation.

thats why all this stuff isnt real, in a way. i dont mean to trivialize it, but when it becomes real everyone freaks out and starts to question their tactics. when its all just words and irony its one thing, when people :killing: its another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

bannon got lucky, never really had any skills