Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

are they also big on that Brimelow character from vdare or whatever

I can't keep track of which of the older people whose euphemism was "race realist" have managed to hook into the new wave of younger people whose euphemism is "alt-right"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

you can tell Milo is tailoring his appeal to dumb young straight guys now because he is dressing like one of those "peacocking" PUA jackasses who dumb young straight guys assume must be hotties

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

DC police report on Richard Spencer says that the famous punch on video was actually the second time he got punched in the face that day

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

you can tell Milo is tailoring his appeal to dumb young straight guys now because he is dressing like one of those "peacocking" PUA jackasses who dumb young straight guys assume must be hotties

also I feel like Jim Hoft (aka Gateway Pundit aka the Dumbest Man on the Internet) has been trying to get in on this action ever since he came out as gay last year after the Pulse shootings

he made a star turn at the Deploraball dressed in what looked like a blaxploitation pimp costume from a pop-up Halloween store (here he is with Pam Geller) and then announced that not only did he pick up White House press credentials for Gateway Pundit but he was going to have that insufferable turd Lucian Baxter Wintrich IV (of Twinks 4 Trump infamy) serve as the blog's little slip of a boy in the WH conference room

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Montasque posted:

Many of the alt-right/new-right internet heroes are gimmick accounts or using fake names. I guess saying horrible racist and sexist poo poo daily is bad for you personal and business life... Who woulda thought!

You could maybe stick Vox Day (Theodore Beale) and Heartiste aka Roissy (James C. Weidmann) on there, as they initially became known specifically for MRA stuff but they're both full on alt-right nationalists now

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Montasque posted:

I'm finding some interesting things about these characters... Many seem to be following this path:

PUA community ->MRA->Gamergate->Alt right

Roosh is now rebranding as an alt-righter. I bet Mystery has a 5 foot tall MAGA top hat.

Don't forget that the MRAs' basic conceptions of "hypergamy" and rotating polyandry ("cock carousel") originally came from the white supremacist writer F. Roger Devlin in his essay "Sexual Utopia in Power" that ran back in 2006 in the racial pseudoscience journal The Occidental Quarterly. (The ideas had been kicking around in some form before then, of course, but Devlin was the one who formulated it into a unified credo and vocabulary.) Then Roissy picked it up somewhat later (maybe about a year later?) and spread it into the PUA movement.

I think that that was when PUA really started merging with MRA ... my vague recollection is that before that, the PUAs would generally pay lip service to treating women respectfully to their faces while scheming behind women's backs to get sex, but once they had Devlin's mental framework and vocabulary they kind of took it up as an excuse for why their PUA poo poo wasn't always working. Since it was Devlin writing in The Occidental Quarterly, the whole framework came with a heaping helping of white nationalism stirred in from the beginning.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

None of the alt-right omega males have the constitution for a slugfest. They're just going to start open carrying at their events, because they'd rather kill someone than risk being humiliated.

i love the idea that these dipshits didnt notice that they were taking their internet tough guy bullshit outside the internet and into the big big world where other people could see them

i love it, love it, love it

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

somebody in another thread pointed out that until recently anyone in the US who professed to be a neo-nazi was probably a skinhead or punk who would have irl experience street fighting and would have quickly learned what situations were likely to involve physical confrontation and how to either avoid or prepare for such situations

but now we have internet tough guys whose most recent physical confrontation was with an elementary school bully throwing sand at them at the playground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

10 E. 64th Street is Ivana's townhouse she bought when she and Trump split up in the early 90s