Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Baloogan posted:

republican is the new punk

This is an actual line of thinking among punk rock folks with bad opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the only way to lose the fight is to not fight at all, comrades

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

QUISLING MOTHERFUCKERS
PEACEFUL PROTEST PROTECTS THE STATE

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Montasque posted:

Pretty sure Antifas are going to be declared terrorists sooner rather than later.

the problem here is you have civilians w/out a uniform as the enemy so all you're going to do is galvanize people against you for just loving up random folks

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lmbo get hosed

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i think you'll find antifa action against nazis is EXACTLY the same as if the government declared martial law and started loving up random civilians

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Montasque posted:

Back in the early 2000s a lot people I knew in ARA were under investigation by the Mounties, and they were being tracked. Bet your rear end FBI is doing the same and if the hammer falls they will know exactly who to pull into black sites.

I dunno what that is but it sounds like an actual organization with a structure and not a loose network of vaguely affiliated local groups with no hierarchy or larger plan

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/josh_emerson/status/827313431002939392

They are all going to do this now. It's such easy bait that gets publicity.

The problem is if your name is attached now you're the guy who beats people up instead of it being the nebulously vague and unknown Antifa

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OK now cite a time when Lena Dunham has talked a bunch of hateful poo poo against minorities

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenint...te-men/?0p19G=c

Celebrating the extinction of white men (a minority of the global population) is certainly on par with what Milo comes up with.

Oh gently caress I responded to IWC never mind

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bud K ninja sword posted:

I never thought of antifas as a movement so much as an individual statement of purpose, and an individual choice what behavior i can and will tolerate. I never thought of it as any big group movement and honestly political organizations trying to improve things shouldnt worry about milo starfucker one iota.

Bingo it's this

Antifa is not an organization, it's not even really a movement

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

imo antifa would get some real mileage if they sprayed a circle with three horizontal lines across it and wore animal masks during their excursions

50 blessings.

Animal masks would be way more fun than all black

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

wizard on a water slide posted:

my two large non white sons

They know Kung fu

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Well I fell down into a burning RaHoWa

I keep a close watch on this race of mine
I keep my borders closed tight all the time
And now I call myself the alt-right
Because I'm white, I can't have pride

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bud K ninja sword posted:

In my younger years i was pretty acquainted with your disaffected white supremacists and how they ended up grouping up, and organizing, some of them are most certainly not dumb.

However he does make a useful recruiting tool for them for the ones who are

Like lmbo if u don't think there's some dues going "man gently caress this human being but look how mad he makes them, these are people we can use"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Race Realists posted:

They're in comics fandom too, where they can be seen bitching and screaming about current Marvel being part of the evil SJW menace

they love DC because it's the same sad pathetic White Male Power fantasies minus none of the pesky diversity (coincidentally, DC Comics also has the most writers known for sexually harassing female writers)

People get so fuckin mad about Thor being a lady even when I explain that the writer has been doing a story that lead up to it for like four years and is in the process of giving Thor Odinson a hammer again and made it a Huge Deal so it's not like they just went THOR ID A LADY

Which to be clear I would also be cool with

Mark Waid writing some mealy mouthed bullshit where Muslim-American teen Ms marvel stops her team members from punching a guy who literally burned down a mosque on the other hand,

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lancemantis posted:

plenty of libertarians come out monarchist/fascist as the natural conclusion of going deep into their ideology

So I started getting into anarchism as like an idea recently, because why not, and one of the books I found has a massive segment dedicated to basically going "ancaps can suck a dick" and every time they write it out it's "anarcho"-capitalism and you can just feel the hate in those quotation marks

It's great

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Al! posted:

its because ancaps are just liberal capitalists who also think slavery is a good idea to bring back

Oh I know why it's just funny how palpable the hate is

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Squirrel Girl rules gently caress the haters

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Qu Appelle posted:

I sort of hope that this is how these stupid rallies play out in the future. They get all riled up for the 'antifa' - who never bothers to show up. So then, there's these out of shape 40-something dudes, sweating profusely in their hockey or lacrosse gear, in the hot sun for hours, waiting for a battle that never happens.

It'd also deprive the Proud Boys of their '4th level' or whatever that poo poo is, which is beating up a member of antifa.

So fun fact a lot of these are deliberate bait to get idiots to turn out and look stupid

It rules

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

“I suspect that beneath your offensively and vulgarly effeminate façade there may be a soul of sorts. Have you read widely in Boethius?"
"Who? Oh, heavens no. I never even read newspapers."
"Then you must begin a reading program immediately so that you may understand the crises of our age," Ignatius said solemnly. "Begin with the late Romans, including Boethius, of course. Then you should dip rather extensively into early Medieval. You may skip the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. That is mostly dangerous propaganda. Now that I think of it, you had better skip the Romantics and the Victorians, too. For the contemporary period, you should study some selected comic books."
"You're fantastic."
"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

I read comic books and nobody should read comic books

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Apparently not all Antifa are jobless; it's Monday & no one's there to punch these idiots.

Oh no poo poo?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

My shelf has Nazi scalps

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i mean if a lady is calling for genocide of the mud people and throwing elbows im probably gonna throw one back but the first and last ones are fuckin batshit

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Al! posted:

seems like the hardest part would be finding a woman in that gaggle of incels

seems like way easier to find one in antifa tbh

also this

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

their mistake is thinking of antifa as an organization or group that is seeking public acceptance as a "movement," which it is not

Not on a national level anyway

There's a statewide alliance of a bunch of small cells here that all work together to advance common goals, and when we've had to send a statement out it's been as a group under a group name but yeah Antifa as the name of a monolith is not a thing that exists

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Qu Appelle posted:

It's as if a bunch of Authoritarians don't understand how a non-hierarchical collective-based organizational plan works.

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=POH14-HMGFc

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's does huwhite even mean

Specifically the hu part

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Huwhite
Also spelled "huite". The general ethnic group of white people.

This pronunciation is used by skeptics, Classical Liberals, conservatives and rationalists usually in the context of mocking the Alt-Right, race realists, and White Nationalists. It is generally used to express disdain at the idea of a pure, White America, and to dismiss Alt-Right ideas.
"Man, I wake up too early, there's no coffee, and then this dude starts dumping on my Twitter feed about his 'huite nation'!"

"Oh yeah...Richard Spencer. Mr. 'Huwhiteness' himself. Personally, I like my country with variety."

"Look, I've heard all this before; you wanna secure your Huwhite future for your Huwhite babies and Huwhite nation. Well, sir, I don't give a drat–I like olive skinned ladies and that's that!"

urban dictionary comes through again

Oh so it's just pronouncing the h i got it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grondoth posted:

It's affecting an accent
Yeah I can hear it in my head it's fantastic

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm the casual usage of Yiddish in Nazi propaganda

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
oy vey shouts the nazi as he watches an interracial gay couple gently caress

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Data Graham posted:

Having trouble believing it is not at least tongue in cheek

spoilers its not

fuckers are incapable of that

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DeepDickPizza posted:

For anyone, like myself, that missed the blonde ladies hotel fight video, Desus & Mero got you.
https://twitter.com/desusandmero/status/900557041315364864

I'm glad they said it was like a Worldstar beat down because now I don't feel bad about my first thought being WORRRRRRLLLLLD STARRRRRRRR

For real though she hosed that racist up

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uranium 235 posted:

holy gently caress lol is that what he said? I couldn't make it out but that makes sense

what is with these idiots and always bringing up MLK like he's somehow equivalent to the loving confederacy

rhetorical question obviously. it's because they're racists

"What if I'm walking down the street, I see Martin Luther Coon--I shouldn't say that, Martin Luther King"

Like hold up dude no what you don't get to laugh that off like a brain fart

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TheDon01 posted:

Didnt both of those get cancelled?

Berkely is happening according to the grapevine

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

papa_november posted:

all of these dumb histories always start too late and end too early. it also seems you can just pick your favorite boogeyman out of LF/FYAD/Helldump and lay a mess they couldn't possibly have orchestrated if they tried entirely at their feet

I mean there's a decent overlap between lf and weird Twitter personalities who went on to do journalism things. Fuckin Red Ken! Red Ken is a journalism person!

There's a logic to it but it leaves out the importance of tumblr I think

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Over Easy posted:

The Swedish right wingers, even if they come to live in the USA, never seem to quite grasp the reality of what they have fun with. Just like commercial Swedish punk/metal, it's too clean, too precise, you can tell everyone was lovingly instructed on how to play their instruments by a gentle education system growing up. The veil of risky, giddy fun obscures a grittier reality they never had access to.

man this is like the best description of millencollin ever

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bullfrog posted:

Oh yeah, it's a pathetic strategy. It has one strength and many weaknesses. The strength is that if getting kicked out of bagel shops on livestream or whatever is their "propaganda", I'm sure their base will eat it up. The HUGE weakness is that they're already small as gently caress compared to their opponents. And many times, they're not even from the area where they have events. So they'll be isolated in places with an unfriendly populace and hounded by larger antifascist crowds wherever they go. If this "grease fire" is an attempt at guerilla warfare, they've forgotten the most important thing: you need a sympathetic populace.

i was just gonna say imagine ten nazis go into a bagel shop and start doing their thing only to be dragged back outside by Everyone Else

like do they not realize they can be followed and that typically there are people protesting them familiar with the area

liek if i heard about one here i'd figure out likely secondaries and pass that along so we can plan accordingly, much like i already plan tactics locally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

business hammocks posted:

This event was described by the target in an initial story about Charlottesville. Maybe in an interview with the guy using the spray-can flamethrower? I definitely remember a statement from a guy saying a dude called him the n and then shot at his feet.

It's definitely him, in the video you can see that that's where it takes place

That video was probably just before or after he made a flamethrower to protect the old dude he was with