Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

CombineThresher posted:

One of the weirder things about the alt-right/Nazi screeds that have been posted here so far is how they use the words "cuck" and "fag" the way Smurfs use the word "smurf." It still blows my mind that anyone could be attracted to a movement that projects such an obvious lack of confidence.
yea the insecurity on display is super bizarre. the homosociality on display in cville makes the jokes write themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
How are there sooo many jews and even Asians desperately trying to associate themselves with these movements? Weren't Stephen Miller and Spencer friends at Duke or something

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Al! posted:

ok i think we can wrap this one up lol

https://twitter.com/universalhub/status/898930624404303877/photo/1

as long as the police dont start poo poo
:dong: guess we're not getting viral videos of fash teary eyed panic attacks and tearing off their 'uniform' at the first sign of conflict

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i feel like 'charlottesville' is basically entering ~the discourse~ the way 9/11 means what it means

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
if ppl can rally in these kinds of numbers in blue cities against the right...
:thunk:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
CNN: "Dueling rallies in Boston"
MSNBC: "Thousands march in boston for competing protests"

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Race Realists posted:

its just nothing short of amazing how these fuckers have managed to turn words and phrases like Western Civilization into a dogwhistle word

shiksa posted:

"Harlem Globetrotters and Washington generals compete in even matched basketball game"

OhFunny posted:

lol media so bad.

Also Boston transit bad. Been sitting in a parking garage for 30 minutes.
We can spontaneously appear in the tens of thousands without dipshit, 'first as tragedy then as farce" Icons like Richard Spencer, or 'Based Stickman' or 'Baked Alaska'
the next logical step is rallying spontaneously for first world health care and mental health care for all. I don't mean to speak for people who've actually done the hard work to make stuff like this happen, e.g. DSA, BLM, just trying to make a point

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

cargo cult posted:

CNN: "Dueling rallies in Boston"
MSNBC: "Thousands march in boston for competing protests"
MSNBC still running with that headline. Guess its awkward when BLM and DSA are united on an issue and are out in the tens of thousands and very young and loud.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Bip Roberts posted:

PTSD dude who iced Chris Kyle
irl lol. also instead of euthanizing vets when their usefulness ends we just give them benzo and opiate prescriptions at once

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/899804486268485632

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
so periscope superstar tim pool is totally alt right adjacent at this point right

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Zikan posted:

iran deal

edit: poo poo gently caress this was kerry nm
lol wasnt kerry internally against it too? i remember reading i think the new yorker saying it was basically ben rhodes fighting all of washington

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
At some point can we go back to deconstructing the far right? I've been immersing myself in what passes for far right political theory and goddamn, is it loving retarded. They genuinely think that there's a disconnect between the State Dept., NGOs, and the DoD, and think that by purging the state department they can dismantle foreign entanglement. This poo poo is being tried, tested and proven as phenomenally stupid in real time, as generals with a seemingly personal grudge against Iran assume control of the white house.

http://www.socialmatter.net/2017/08/24/descending-the-tower-12-restoration/#comment-48669

cargo cult has issued a correction as of 13:57 on Aug 25, 2017

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
Oh, hey, a website that's actively aping and mocking Jacobin is providing a manifesto and vision for far right terrorism, like, forreal. I wonder if the FBI will care.

https://jacobitemag.com/2017/06/14/political-violence-is-a-game-the-right-cant-win/

I bet detached white irony will address this

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
why dont they just quietly move to maine or new hampshire lol being implicitly whites only isn't enough?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
idk that video is kind of disturbing cause there's zero context and he looks like paralyzed or dead by the end of it. If it's true he was a white supremacist and the guy was defending himself then i'm down but there's not much to go on.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://twitter.com/bertjohnsonfoto/status/901555604170301440

they went from 'we can do an ISIS and the silent majority will support us," to "limited government,' real fast

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Al! posted:

portland antifa got him fired from his job last month lol
lol owned

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i dont wnna be that guy but they should probably just taake the W and not do an actual riot lol, but w/e

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
so is it winding down without a riot?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
plz no more comic book and video game talk

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
school shootings stopped being a thing like a couple of years ago it seems. the same people who threatened to massacre ppl at anita sarkeesian talks are natural recruits for white ISIS

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Actually they should do an actual riot because if you're going to be treated as violent psychopaths by the states army you may as well get to smash a Starbucks too
they were cheered like conquering heroes at that lib march at boston, which I (naively) assume makes the police state more circumspect about massacring them

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
it honestly seems like there's a ton of popular good will for antifa right now, which isnt surprising considering how demographically diverse america is. I keep seeing clickbait saying their ranks are "swelling," without too much concern trolling bolted on. The next occupy is gonna be lit

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Considering I just helped coordinate the local crew and by extension crews across upstate NY forming a coalition with local leftist groups under an assurance that they wouldn't get all scornful about antifa being willing to do violence and then they did a whole bunch of NONVIOLENCE AT ANY COST at the first meeting

No not really
well sorry for running my mouth then, ur doing god's work

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i dunno in Downfall they're all railing meth and having drunken orgies as the red army closes in

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
humiliat naziss by never showing up to oppose them and eating cake at home instead. once they learn their ideology isnt even worth opposing they will give up

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

the gently caress is the "based" in his name supposed to mean anyway

asking cause I don't care to have that poo poo in my search history
lil b, the based god, says "based", a lot, as a kind of self contrived meme that the incels coopted

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx2wFZS5YWM
i didn't ht play, but feel free to

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
the pattern im now imaging is like lib trash media keeps both sidesing as nazis are outnumbered by tens of thousands in blue cities, so incel pepes will increasingly go for lone wolf terror attacks with higher and higher body counts, while no one on the left actually kills anyone but lib media keeps both sidesing aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
its weird how vox wapo, local bay area media and pelosi all simultaenously bothsidesed in the same 18 hour period :thunk:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

OldAlias posted:

that's really bad reasoning and supports inaction, the authorities are not all knowing
i thought the whole idea behind a panopticon is that it compensates for the authorities factual inability to be aware of everything at once by forcing the inmates to assume that they are. this isnt to suggest that anyone 'antifa' adjacent wont be the the highest priority targets.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
let's wear patagonia and arcteryx to distinguish ourselves from urban 18-25 yearolds

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://theintercept.com/2017/08/31/antifa-violence-gives-far-right-provocateurs-crave/

lol the specter of a militant left terrifies even the intrepid gumshoes at the intercept. i wonder if pierre and jeff bezos chat on the reg?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Admiral Ray posted:

american media is very excited to tell you the pros and cons about having an openly fascist government!
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/01/antifa-charlottesville-violence-fbi-242235

this is their top story replete with pictures of scary antifa and nazis being victimized. we're so hosed

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Zikan posted:

it's a continental European alt-right group which ironically is the hotbed for more normie fascist group since they have actual parties they can support beyond a clown like trump, such as the national front, alternative for germany, party for freedom, lega nord, swiss people's party, and the true finns

that's why I think a European country is more likely to go fascist then the USA in the near future, they've got better infrastructure then our fascists fwiw
is afd gonna matter in the next election?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
im starting to suspect that this guy might not be arguing in good faith

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/world/europe/german-election-merkel-far-right.html

here's a times article about the upcoming german election, with the supposedly marginalized and fractured AFD getting more or less 60% of the column space and martiin schultz getting two lines, mentioning his name only sans anything about his policies or pull quotes

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's denial really. Nobody wants to admit that literal Nazis exist in America in modern times. Everyone wants to believe that Nazis died out in the 40s and can't ever come back because we killed or imprisoned them all. Everyone wants to believe that these are just some kids role playing or going through a phase or something. It's seriously related to the Just World Fallacy.

And it loving sucks :(
look at this good and honest post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Dreddout posted:

I wish to gently caress the racism out of them
gently caress off creep