Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
I hate all of these people.

Here's Gavin McInnes flailing ineffectually at a guy with a flag:
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/01/19/gavin-mcinnes-gets-fist-fight-protester-outside-deploraball-437789

Any reference to "fist fight" or "punch" is hilariously misleading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

I'm still not sure that whoever writes Chateau Heartiste is the same person who started it (Roissy/Weidmann), or if it's even a single person. Maybe the accumulating hatred baked the proteins in his brain cells, because the writing and language has changed dramatically over the years, and even changes between posts nowadays. But this is a moot point because whoever's behind it, the place is a sewer.

I have a morbid fascination with that blog, even going so far as to dig back to the very original posts to see that they were about scheming to make an ex jealous, or get her back, and lamenting being old and having to start dating again (which reveals volumes about these Men's Rights idiots). I can't really recall any greatest hits, though, because literally every time you read a post it will be the worst thing you've ever read. Plus they've developed their own language, using references, in-jokes, and not very well coded code words, so it's almost incomprehensible to someone just reading it for the first time.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

"Could you be respectful of other people, please?"

what a ridiculous person

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

haha he's been saying "maybe 1 or 2 more questions" for like 20 mins now

I assume the internet has inhibited large numbers of people from being able to detect inauthenticity; this guy's whole act is so obvious yet his fans think he's a hero and martyr