Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

so theres like no chance these idiots will be going away any time soon is there

we're stuck with them for a minute or two yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Baloogan posted:

lol @ peeps not realizing this is the cyberpunk future

this is how the future is going to be. degenerate as gently caress till the missiles fly and the people die

peak oil could have saved us from this but it choked at the last minute and let us discover a trillion barrels worth of shale

:sad:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

fukken lmao

"femsteering"

hahaha

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

"a bunch of idiots took over the government and ruined everything"

"how"

"everyone else was even dumber"

it's not that great of a narrative, but it's the one we have to work with

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

He's trying to make contrarianism a career, isn't he?

it's worked so far

he probably thinks he can do a lot better than getting carted around in sedan chairs by shutin weirdos at colleges paying him a few thousand dollars per gig, and he's probably right about that because he's photogenic and has an established (if niche) media presence

guessing he also sees how america is reacting to trump and knows continued association with the alt-right is going to become a big liability pretty soon assuming we all don't die in nuclear hellfire or starve to death because of a trade war

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Plucky Brit posted:

I'm amazed that Americans are apparently fine with shutting down free speech for people with unsavoury views.

milo goes to universities and deliberately outs (against their will) students who are trans, or undocumented, or whatever

now he doesn't overtly instruct all the dudebros in his audience to go harass the students he outs, but oh boy let me tell you about this thing called subtext

getting him bestseller money from amazon is worth it if it gets universities to stop inviting him to their campuses and puts an end to his harassment campaign

besides he's just gonna put all that bestseller money up his nose anyway

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Montasque posted:

He seems to still do that stuff in semi-private.

This is his public persona now:

when you wanna show solidarity with the golden dawn but you take their name literally

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

wizard on a water slide posted:

It's weird because I feel like the tone of Warhammer was satirical for a really long time and that that was literally the joke (i.e. the Empire is a parody nightmare theocratic bureaucracy) but I guess they figured out who was buying their game and reading their dime store paperbacks

yeah all warhammer poo poo was originally satirical and ironic, that's why it's full of so much crazy skull nonsense, no one needs a whole desk drawer full of skulls but they got 'em in warhams 40k because that poo poo was funny

unfortunately, irony becomes extremely dangerous when stupid people are exposed to it

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

goddamn even if these guys weren't fascists their faces would still be fist magnets

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

loving really. Can I like one thing that is co opted into a culture war by these dicks.

to the fascist (like any extremist) every action in your life, every animus in your being, must be an act of political will; every day an argument on behalf of your ideology; every day another test of your purity of belief, and your loyalty to those beliefs

no wonder they're always so worked up, lmao these nerds need a vacation from their own self goddamn

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

TomViolence posted:

Considering the obsession with cuckoldy and traditional gender roles and all that I'm left wondering about which particular warped psychosexual impulse led to this idea.

this one is actually really boring as heck and sad, like almost everything in the alt-right, it started as a joke and was coopted by the crazy true believers

the joke is thus: "I am so racially pure I only drink white liquids"

you can add your own cum joke if you want but I think this one is actually not very freudian

(funny you should ask, YES, some of them ARE offended at the very idea of chocolate milk, to varying degrees of irony)

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

and i must meme posted:

What's the logic behind 'liberals/leftists are the real fascists', anyway?

Is it just bullshit like 'Nazis were actually left wing'?

it's a classic tactic based on the nazi strategy known as "legalism" designed to exploit the liberal* mindset

in the specific example of milo complaining about being told to gently caress off it goes something like: everyone has the right to free speech, so when a leftist shuts down my right to advocate for genocide, they're violating MY rights and that makes THEM the real fascist

this of course ignores that leftists protesting in response to a fascist speaker are themselves exercising their right to free speech and the fact that a non-government institution like a university, even a public university, is not required by law to allow anyone and everyone to speak on its property

it also relies on exploiting a misunderstanding of what "free speech" actually means, since most people casually interpret it to mean "you have to let everyone talk if they want to" rather than "the government can't sanction or censure certain types of speech"

*liberal as in "liberal democracy" not as in "neoliberal" or "democrat"

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Plucky Brit posted:

I recommend you try to engage with what your opponents are actually saying, rather than a ludicrous caricature. Milo is not advocating genocide, and you're undermining your own arguments every time you try to paint him as Literally Hitler.

The issue is shutting down opposing opinions through violence, which is what happened at Berkeley. They're wrong to call it fascist behaviour, of course, because fascism doesn't have a monopoly on political violence.

I recommend you worry about how your dipshit island nation is gonna run an economy off cookie exports after you quit europe instead of telling americans how to save the world from fascism since ya'll won't be able to rub two shillings together to fund any attempts to do so

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Plucky Brit posted:

By all means, learn nothing from the last election. I'm sure more of the same tactics won't backfire catastrophically. Have fun pepper spraying women wearing ironic caps; that's sure to change people's minds.

"wow so much for the tolerant left"

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

breaklaw posted:

This thread is ridiculous and SpaceGoku is making me take this idiot's side.

I am happy to help you come out as a proud fascist you idiot bitch

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

breaklaw posted:

This thread is ridiculous and SpaceGoku is making me take this idiot's side. Not one single post as evidence of Milo being a fascist, a white supremacist or anything of the like. Some internet famous douchebag out here trolling for dollars but for some reason, people just aren't getting hysterical enough about the eminent total victory of the fourth reich.

So what the gently caress does ranting like a lunatic about death camps and genocide look like to people? Which side does that make you more likely to take?

realpost though maybe you shouldn't choose your ideological allegiances based on someone's bad posts in the politics shitposting forum of dead-and-gay internet comedy forum somethingawful.com

go out and read some of the poo poo milo wrote of his own volition and see the arguments he himself is making, because yeah no poo poo they aren't "haha kill all non-whites" but they sure as poo poo are drat similar to actual beliefs that fascist regimes have held like how he wants the gays to get back into the closet under threat of violence and what not

and yeah maybe he's just "trolling" or whatever, but if you make the argument in the public sphere to the point that it is inciting harassment against real life actual human beings, maybe you shouldn't be able to claim to be "just trolling" anymore

okay realpost over

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

And come to think of it, the transphobia of the young/alt right is mostly a result of that theory of education

I think this is more the result of toxic masculinity resisting attempts to replace it as the dominant social force in common culture, and what we're seeing among the younger members of the alt-right (wrt transphobia/homophobia/misogyny etc) is the reaction when young males (esp white) come of age in a world that is simultaneously expectant that they are to behave in a certain mode of masculinity while also replacing that style of masculinity with a more egalitarian option (admittedly there's a lot of work to do on this, especially now)

alt-right intellectuals and media figures had a message that was especially effective at appealing to some of the generation of young men who are coming of age in this period of transition between one social paradigm and another

of course, the alt-right movement is such a complex and difficult to analyze movement that this is like, the most basic idiot bitch assessment anyone has ever come up with I'm sure, but you know

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

whoa piers morgan has a forums account

lmao goddammit why didn't I think of this

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

breaklaw posted:

The idea that anyone, a public university administrator or anyone, can just unilaterally declare ideas they don't like to be "hate speech" and "fascism" and then proceed to censor or silence these ideas through violence, or even through bureaucratic means is unamerican and unconstitutional in every way. We don't arbitrarily ignore or invalidate the rights of racists, radicals, rabble-rousers or anyone else. You should go find yourselves a country with a vangaurd party if you want to live like that.

it isn't unconstitutional or unamerican at all

no one owes you or anyone else a platform, not even a public university

the only thing the first amendment guarantees you with regards to your ability to speak is that the government won't forbid you the right to speak on the grounds of content, and even then that has specific limitations and restrictions

also lmao, did you get triggered

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

mysterious frankie posted:

Is Bilious West Coast Real Estate Agent Milo's new look, or is he still on the "guy who all the rest of the Black Parade lied to about the time when the parade started so that they wouldn't have to march with him" kick?

nah that's just an especially unflattering photo of him that most of the non-idiot press runs with because he hates it

that's literally the entire story behind why that pic shows up everywhere

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The place is in Israel. The Alt-Right loves Israel because it fits their ideal vision of a fascist (or at least liberal apartheid) ethno-state. Ideally they want everyone in the world to self-segregate into their own isolated nation states forever.

yeah

establishing segregated ethno-states is an old hacksaw of the far right

they generally like leave out what happens after you divide countries into isolated ethnic groups that are kept apart from each other through forceful means

also goddamn bibi givin' everyone in america the ol' fuckeye in that tweet

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

Do people really think pewdiepie is a nazi? I can't tell serious from joke right now.

not in any meaningful number

but some people are making fun of him for being dumb enough to make a holocaust joke while working for disney, and then being surprised when disney cut ties with him

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Mnoba posted:

but the questions is why?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

maher is sympathetic to milo because maher also hates transpeople and muslims

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

his headlining at CPAC is getting him a lot of attention

including dredging up an old video where he advocates for pedophilia

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/833405993006616576

oh wait, sorry, not pedophilia, ephebeophilia

a good, classic defense of sex predation

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Barbe Rouge posted:

what the gently caress

the real video is supposedly worse but hasn't been uploaded yet

stay tuned, I guess

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Wikkheiser posted:

interesting

yeah reading right-wing forums and on facebook, they like milo for trolling the left but i don't know how this is supposed to work, exactly. fact is, a lot of righties do not like him and tolerate him only insofar as he's useful

also my right-wing facebook friends thought his maher appearance was a disaster

yeah it seems like neither team liked the maher appearance

team blue hated it because it seemed like maher let milo walk all over him

team red hated it because milo seemed self-indulgent and he was the exact kind of effeminate gay dude they're uncomfortable with

actually I guess team frog liked it, he hit all the classic memes like "you're triggered" and "snowflake" and because he got told to gently caress off

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Bud K ninja sword posted:

lets not call then team frog. how about team rear end in a top hat?

okay I'll call them team incel from now on

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/833485040944156673

full milo pedo vid

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Montasque posted:

Next up: His book being dropped.

posted this in the trump thread but this guy is PR for simon&schuster https://twitter.com/AdamRothberg

he's the dude to tweet at

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/AdamRothberg/status/833800857762295808

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlnt1FE9T6I

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

now get fired from breitbart you useless puke

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

SpaceGoku posted:

now get fired from breitbart you useless puke

wow so much for the tolerant left

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

antifa: gently caress out of here you piece of poo poo nazi

alt-right and idiot liberals: wow what a violation of free speech, such horrible violence

[a wild pedophilia defense appears]

antifa: hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

:discourse:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

goddamn how brokebrained do you have to be to be trans and alt-right

the idea that transgender people are dangerous lunatics emblematic of everything wrong with liberalism and feminism is one of the most consistent positions within the movement

the psychosexual aspect of the alt-right is an enormous twisting labyrinthine nightmare rabbit hole that could probably produce multiple phds

so I'm just gonna point out that this person isn't just trans and alt-right, but trans and alt-right and anarcho-capitalist lmao haha

that's the dumbest thing

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am not even sure what he is going to say even apart from whine and play the victim card hard. the right won't touch him now.

the only good thing would be if he tried to burn a bunch of pedophiles in the far right/alt right because all the weird sex poo poo they're obsessed with implies that there's a lot of weird sex poo poo that goes on within those circles

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

Is that what he's going to do with the outstanding $250,000 debt he now owes Simon & Schuster?

nah, he didn't get the full $250k at once, big advances like that are paid out in quarters: on signing, on delivery, on hardcover publishing, on paperback publishing

at most he owes them $125k, which isn't laughable but he has some amount of money and if he didn't piss away all the advance he's gotten then he will be fine

but we all know he put that advance up his nose

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Von Sloneker posted:

haha he's been saying "maybe 1 or 2 more questions" for like 20 mins now

I assume the internet has inhibited large numbers of people from being able to detect inauthenticity; this guy's whole act is so obvious yet his fans think he's a hero and martyr

yeah I imagine if you spend all of your time on the internet and most of your human interaction is through text without any face-to-face to supplement it your ability to read emotional states under the surface-level message will start to break down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

SpaceGoku posted:

yeah I imagine if you spend all of your time on the internet and most of your human interaction is through text without any face-to-face to supplement it your ability to read emotional states under the surface-level message will start to break down

wait

poo poo