Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KiteAuraan posted:

Tim Heidecker is a national goddamn hero for what he did.

I don't get Adult Swim so who is Sam Hyde and what is this poo poo about?

Mekchu has issued a correction as of 13:33 on Feb 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wizard on a water slide posted:

Yeah. I don't think colleges should host speakers who are trolls doing a bit!

No more Larry The Cable Guy? :smith:

KiteAuraan posted:

Sam Hyde is an alt-right racist who had a show on [as] called Million Dollar Extreme. It was really racist and also really unfunny. The word is that Tim and Eric basically used their clout at [as] to get the show cancelled and Hyde blacklisted for being a Nazi poo poo.

Ah. OK. Thanks.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rudatron posted:

Backing down now is out of the question, it has to be followed through.

Do you think they should go so far as to kill both Milo & David Spencer? Or is that too far?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rudatron posted:

Of course that's too far, as is any action against them that doesn't involve them doing something first - it has to be reactive, you need a casus belli.

You can debate whether shutting down the Berkeley talk itself was too far, I'm not personally convinced it was, but I won't dismiss objections entirely. It had a tradeoff associated with it.

But now that that's happened, that's it, the line is drawn. If Spencer and Co show up to Berkeley, and antifa is a no show, that's 100% going to be interpreted as 'weakness' on the side of antifa, and therefore 'strength' on the side of the fash. That's the case even if you think the original protest was an overreaction. Pragmatically, and strategically, antifa cannot back down.

What's the casus belli to destroy a Starbucks next to the campus? I ask because I'm confused on what that company, and other local businesses along with individuals whose property was destroyed by the people protesting did to deserve that. Like I get going after Milo/Spencer/whoever, but how does that justify it spilling over onto random other people who dared to be in the area around UCB?

Mekchu has issued a correction as of 13:45 on Feb 3, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Are these the Dunkin' Donuts crusaders I heard about?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Laphroaig posted:

Bash the Frappe

A movement we can all get behind.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Race Realists posted:

he loves quoting independence day :v:

What is with you and fat ladies?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

that poor Starbucks!
it has a family!
quick, let's call an ambulance

More so, "those poor middle to lower class employees at that business whose lives just got hosed with for daring to have a job near UC Berkley."

I can see how falling back onto the "gently caress you, got mine" attitude is the way to go for some folks though. #FuckTheWorkingClass amirite?

Mekchu has issued a correction as of 07:02 on Feb 4, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The fix was in!!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is great.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baloogan posted:

i hate both milo and maher so loving much arrggh totally going to watch tho

I can't stop watching the show of this guy I totally hate!!!!! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Why did Twitter not take a stand and delete his account rather than give him a blue checkmark?