Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

lancemantis posted:

its just weird to me that the US suddenly cares about antifa lol

like none of these idiots even knew what that was a few months ago and now they all hate it

Lol acorn went from an obscure and bipartisan beloved organization to completely destroyed in the process of three months because a teen with a boat full of dildos was tapped by Ariana Huffington's friend to become the next big thing.

That was eight years ago. Shits gotten exponentially weirder since. People hating antifa is like, the least weird thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wait what am I look at here.

Did cernovitch make up a trophy and have it made for himself or did whatever fly by night shop hold an neo nazi news awards ceremony and give him one but it's lovely and plastic and from china

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Shatner will show up in random threads about star trek on reddit and berate people for being misogynist or racist.

His cover of common people is also incredible

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They look like they're in a boring as gently caress cult, too.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/865634180708704256

Ah yes. Noted leftist heroes, Some Kid Who Was In The News Briefly Two Years Ago, Carlos Danger and Token Fox News Liberal Strawman.

There's some kind of joke about projection here where they think a literal child, a pathologically thirsty man, and a dude who gets owned for a living are left wing icons.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That woman's whole thing is the most obnoxious lanyard Democrat thing in existence and she still managed to own Richard Spencer.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Joe Rogan is alt right in that he is too goddamn stupid to call out the monstrous behavior of his guests but he is also anti alt right in the sense that he lets his guests talk until they say something plainly demonic.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kekekekeke was also the Korean version of Lolololol and it got popular because of starcraft

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have a lot of words I need to edit about the idea of "consumptive masculinity", or the idea that 'manliness' is something you can buy, according to these people, and not a set of skills you develop(in the traditional idea of masculinity). So you get people who are lovely at grilling, constantly doing dipshit broscience workouts at the gym(if they even bother going), and buying 6,000 dollar marksman rifles but can't put anything better than a 5" group in paper at 100 yards from a benchrest (translation: they are very bad at shooting guns). Like Gov. Abbott made this joke about shooting reporters after he signed a bill reducing CCW fees and showed off this target, which explains even to the layman that he is a terrible shot

I think a lot of this has to do with the assumption of superiority and the view of learning as weakness. A lot of these people are carpetbaggers and various failsons who never acquired the typical skills of masculinity in their youth. Abbott was the son of a stockbroker and went to Vanderbilt. Cernovich is a sugarbaby who had been chasing get-rich quick schemes until he hit it big with a rich wife. They never learned how to grill, how to work out, how to shoot a gun, but they started espousing this poo poo as their ideals anyway. Being good at grilling, lifting, or shooting would require them to admit they are not currently good at those things, and they have established brands as people who are Masculine, and therefore good at these things. So instead, they just do the thing miserably and pretend they're great at it, and since their primary audience is even more incompetent and pampered failsons than they are, so you end up with cernovich bragging about what can only be called a grilling felony, and Abbott showing of a target with a 12 inch grouping at 7 yards

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Further, here is Mike Cernovich hyperextending the everloving gently caress out of his back as he deadlifts, charitably, 220lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbDCxj39giE

A quick google search will show you that a 5 rep deadlift of 220 pounds roughly translates into a one-rep max of 250 pounds, which at his professed height and weight of 6' and 180lbs, slots him firmly in between "untrained" and "novice" strength levels according to most charts. Additionally, that weird barbell he's using is called a hex bar, and typically allows you to deadlift about 20-30 more pounds than you would using a standard barbell. It cannot be expressed how much these people are cosplaying masculinity.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

im the three times he missed so badly it didn't think it was possible

That's the 4.5. There's one on the line up top and one through the second "I" in training.

But this poo poo extends in nontraditional directions, too. Milo is a prime example. He spent the first 28 years of his life hopping between identities desperate to fit in before sliding into the idea of "designated gay nazi". The new identity required him to become "stylish", so he positioned himself as a Tim Gunn/Iris Apfel sort of fashion rebel but all he ever dresses like is a combination of a an italian grandma and a dude who makes 28k a year but gets bottle service at the club. But everyone dives in because it's the blind leading the blind.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's so much to unpack in all of these. Deadlifting with a trap bar. Deadlifting 220. The insane posture. the insane pose at the end. The pirates of the Caribbean shirt. The way the camera kind of follows the woman that walks past. "Alpha Male Body Language Exercises". It's all just so loving weird.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Cernovich has also been kind of left behind because he wasn't really willing to ride the wave of going Full Nazi. Not out of any kind of principles, but because he wasn't clever enough to adapt his brand past the Red Pill and into the Pepes well enough, he tried tho. He's essentially the saddest clown among the alt right figures that were ever remotely relevant.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MaxxBot posted:

This is actually being generous, I can do like 100lbs more on the hex bar like that compared to conventional deads since the ROM is pretty short with those elevated handles. Usually if I use a hex bar I would flip it over and grab the other side of the bar to give it a more complete ROM.

The yellow plate is probably a 15kg plate so I'm guessing that's 200lbs.

The only hex bar I've used didn't have elevated handles, so yeah probably. I was giving 55*2+33*2+45 for the bar for a total of 221. I'm pretty sure those are 55s on there, at least.

Coolness Averted posted:

totes
he's just a barrel chested dude right at that phase where you can pretend fat isn't all fat and kinda be believable with the right posture and sucking in your gut.

this is one thousand percent true because I spent a pathetic amount of time trying to find a shirtless picture of him, and can't find any. No man who looks good without a shirt on won't be very public about looking good without a shirt on.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sneakyfrog posted:

and apparently its drat well built for such a pointless product, also unlike MRAs which apparently are poorly built.

If you could defeat the drm system reliably, it's supposed to be as good of a cold-press juicer as stuff that costs twice as much.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

Adam Carolla is crowdfunding a movie thats gonna take down pc culture on college campuses!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/no-safe-spaces-college-university#/

This is actually kind of set up for a perfect storm of failure. You can't easily get antifa to mask up unless you're willing to dance with nazism, and Corolla has some level of reputation to keep while Prager is just some aei wannabe. So it seems nobody's gonna pull the fire alarm on them and they just have to take questions from pepes asking why they brought a jew like Prager along.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
According to wiki I don't think there was an alimony schedule, just a single, 7-figure settlement. So he's been coasting off that and would be free to get married.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

but see, it's not miscegenation if you don't marry them because...

no, it's not miscegnation because she's persian, and persians are actually very aryan, you see.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's like, three old school Leathermans in there. No one in history has ever thought to use one of those as a weapon. They're just taking people's multitools.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

lol the selfie sticks

the venn diagram of outside-capable pepes and wannabe livestream stars is a circle.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zikan posted:

someone earlier in the thread said that he looks like the type of person who would eat his feelings if he had a breakdown and goddamn did they get it right

And like three or four other people's feelings goddamn.

I also was just sort of vaguely waiting for his twink metabolism to fail and it looks like age has caught up with him.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Twinks tend to go in three directions when they hit their 30s. Nothing happens and they slowly turn into Simon Doonan, they start working out, or they mutate into a Russian babushka

I see a whole bunch that just turn into milhouse's dad over the course of like a week in their early 30s. Like you can watch their hairline recede in real time.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Even back in the day there were winemoms causing various quantities of drama on fanfiction.net and LJ. Bored housewives are exactly as petty and mean as bored NEETs.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
one of the important things to remember about the Houston rally is that it was originally started by an alt-right troll who wanted to trick antifa to show up to protest Sam Houston, despite his anti-confederate stance, and demand the statue get torn down. Now, because it was, in fact, a very bad troll job every leftist group in houston saw through it immediately and it only got shared with "Get a load of this guy cam" on it among leftist circles. BUT! The pepes who weren't in on the original joke saw the post and assumed it was real, so they showed up in force to defend a man who hated the confederacy against nothing.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
anime nazis are a gift

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that image is fake because no humans related by blood have ever had a conversation that stilted. That reads like a line from a play written by a kid named Naethan that goes to a private high school that costs more than the median family income.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love that even in her wildest dreams she's still with a dude rocking a teenager beard/moustache combo

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
otoh notch will do some good when he suffers a minor injury, gets prescribed pain pills, becomes completely dependent on them, and dies from an OD over the course of about 8 months by giving a wake up call that opiates are bad for rich people, too.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I beat the crap out of my sister's rapist ex in an alley and it was incredibly satisfying and I'd do it again in an instant.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Blaming Tumblr for the alt-right is, at the most charitable, the "they hate us for our freedoms" of the culture war.

Huge quantities of dispossessed young men in a society that repeatedly reiterates that they should be successful and in charge are gonna gravitate to the system that speaks to that. Mocking teens on tumblr is an in-group bonding exercise for them, but it's not some lynchpin to the movement. If they didn't have tumblr it'd just be something else they'd be yelling at.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

snoremac posted:

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I thought this rocketed up the Amazon bestseller list for a time, unless that was not true or it's not as big of a deal as it sounds.

Cool and good though.

typical right wing book strategy is that you provide some think tank with X dollars to buy Y copies of your book, in the hopes that artificial inflation of NYT and Amazon bestseller lists will make it sell better. I guess it turns out that milo's core demographic is either smaller than we thought, or can't be bothered to read something that's not a youtube comment section.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also since chud neets have the most time to post, they also have the most time to consume and comment on youtube. They are the largest set of eyes on the platform, and therefore any videogame/"youtube culture" content creator that doesn't explicitly reject them will end up creating content that caters to them as that gets the most eyes and therefore the most money.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tokamak posted:

Nielsen Bookscan doesn't track e-books. I imagine for a self published book where your audience is primarily nerds on the internet, the tracking will be a bit wonky.

Is 20,000 even bad for political memoir? I had a look and Hilary Clinton's last book sold about 300k (and other presidential candidates being a couple hundred thousand). I think 20k for a relative nobody is alright. This just seems like him drumming up controversy to try and squeeze the stone for a few more sales.

20,000 is bad if you've printed 100,000 copies.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The most perfect conception of Maynard James Keenan is that he named his kid Devo H. Keenan where the H. doesn't stand for anything, except that it's also in the phrase "Jesus H. Christ" because he is, like, the platonic concept of being full of poo poo.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

Pewdiepie posted some video where he DEBUNKS the wage gap myth and it got reposted by a facebook friend. I tried countering it with evidence to the contrary but he seemed to think thry came to the same conclusion as pewds did. Then i started making fun of him until he logged off.

This was his big defense:

"http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/03/nyregion/03women.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0752118220071107?feedType=R

http://www.businessinsider.com/women-in-tech-make-more-money-and-land-better-jobs-than-men-2010-9

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Young-Women-Earn-More-159818705.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennagoudreau/2011/03/14/jobs-where-women-earn-more-than-men/

Also here are some examples of the exact opposite in fields.
Which not that it really matters because it comes down to the choices the person has made and the effort and not what they have in their loving pants."

I've talked about it before but if you're trying to monetize as a youtube personality, the huge contingent of NEET pepes is the largest and most reliable viewer demographic and unless you intentionally move away from them your analytics will point you to making content that's farther and farther right.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the fact that it was a big ol' joke when that Microsoft twitter bot was spewing Nazi propaganda in like an hour should have been a warning sign

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I repeat my previous statement about the analytics of youtube pulling all content towards the alt-right unless they actively reject it but also add in a thing where it becomes plainly obvious if you're a woman that supplementing your youtube content with camming will double or triple your income.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

Imagine someone handed you a pistol with only 6 shots.

I assume pjw will fade into mist and blow away if Alex Jones dies so that at least answers one question.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

Just realised how funny it is that a bunch of racist 4chan incels are primarily concerned about the drop in white births

It has always been manifestations of their own sexual pathologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Just think of the retirement package that Hotwheels is gonna get.

The best hope would be that, in knowing the ins and outs of 4chan, the fbi wouldn't need to strike the same deal with the splinters and will van the whole lot.