Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

is this thread liberal? are milo and crew really "conservative" in that sense?

when did "remove the lesser races" become a conservatives vs. liberals thing?

the black husserl has issued a correction as of 06:29 on Jan 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

That "muslim joke" thing is way more scary than lame. He delivers the most awkward, unfunny joke setup I've ever heard...and you STILL hear people going wild and cheering and clapping before the antifas start screaming. There's even a moment of hesitation where you can feel them going "is it ok to express this hate in public? holy poo poo it is!!"

It's less like he told a joke and more like he went...ok.....MAKE SOME NOISE IF YOU loving HATE MUSLIMS

and people responded in kind. i'm beginning to agree these people should be banned from campuses. nyu has a lot of muslim students. i don't think someone should be able to come into their home and incite hatred against them.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I mean, the capitalist owners of WaPo, NYT, and NBC are the only reason we have any Trump resistance at all in popular media.

Liberal Capitalism does seem like it's gearing up for a showdown with the recently resurrected Authoritarian Capitalism.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Montasque posted:

Those same news organizations(with arguable exception of WaPo) are also the reason we have Donald Trump.

All I'm saying is dont put your trust in Capitalism to fight authoritarianism. At the end of the day their job is to make money, not push society into a progressive direction.

for sure, but i'm a materialist, so i definitely trust liberal capitalists to fight authoritarianism because it hurts their bottom line

jeffy bezo cant get his sweet sweet cash if we're deporting all of his warehouse slaves

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

gavin was real cavalier about telling NYC anti they're "dead"

and i have no doubt he would shoot an antifa in the back, he's a remorseless scumfuck and absolutely capable of murder

on the other hand, I've met some nyc "antifa". Some of them are very scary dudes who really just want to hurt people and antifa got to them before the bikers did. Good luck Gavin.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Baloogan posted:

anyone notice there is alot of hard right politics stuff targetting kids? 40k included, but like, videogames / twitch streamers etc.

there really isn't tho. its an extreme minority compared to dominant pop culture, which is overwhelmingly telling kids that Gay is OK

you have to be a real goony goon to think that todays kids are paying more attention to 40k than to Adventure Time

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Agean90 posted:

tbf if you take kids to mean teens, then it's pretty true.

do you seriously think teens in 2017 america are reading 40k books? wow, lol. goons have a really hosed up idea of what mainstream youth culture looks like. i have to market to them all day so i know way more than i want to :(

the 4chan pepe /pol dorks are an overwhelming minority with a disproportionately loud voice in nerd culture. in fact, that minority/outcast status is what makes them so adamant. all the cool kids and the normal kids already hate them, why not just troll everybody IRL? Meanwhile,

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Agean90 posted:

Baloogan was talking about video games you dummy, as am I.

lol "right-wing twitch streamers" are not the youth culture force you think they are, although i can understand how it looks that way to videogame obsessed goons.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Zikan posted:

video games are basically the only pop culture were there's a significant alt-right presence, mostly due to preexisting demographics. hence why they can go apeshit over overwatch having women of color and get a news article but try to boycott a netflix series and get treated with a wet fart.

this is 100% true.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Agean90 posted:

meh, I'll grant the Muslim radicals one (haven't been too into fps since 2011, but that doesn't go against all the other right wing standbys or husserls obsession with twitch streamers

Baloogan was marveling at "all the right wing content targeted to kids" and he cited 40k and twitch streamers as evidence.

Sorry about your reading comprehension :(

The point is that Milo, alt-right vidjagame idiots, and /pol represent a TINY MINORITY of youth culture. Their vehemence and level of volume is directly proportional to the amount influence they actually wield. They made a shitload of noise, but Blizzard did not make Tracer straight. It's easy for people who spend a lot of time "gaming" to overestimate the influence of the alt-right.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

and i must meme posted:

The mixture of truth and '''irony''' makes them drat near impossible to argue with. If you call them out on anything they will dodge it by saying it was just a joke. If you explain to them why making a racist joke is still racist then they will ask 'why are you so offended?'. And they will continue asking basically as long as you talk to them. It makes it incredibly frustrating to talk to them, which I assume is the point.

You make an excellent point. This is absolutely nothing new with Nazis. Sartre said it best in 1944:

quote:

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play.

They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

rudatron posted:

That's an obvious fake

Do you not notice the different streets

Or is that the joke

Idgi

uh its not fake dude, the picture is just showing its milo wearing the cross cause who else would possibly own that loving ugly-rear end shirt

its definitely milo w/ the cross, those pics are from the same account

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

and i must meme posted:

A thing with alt-right 'trolls' is that their detached, semi-ironic nature makes anyone who argues with them look like squares who are taking things too seriously. While these tactics are unlikely to change the mind of the person they are arguing with, it leads to onlookers of the argument being more likely to be on the side of the troll.

I'm just gonna keep posting this Sartre quote (from 1944!!) because he called this poo poo perfectly back then and we should all memorize this:

quote:

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play.

They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

I don't know why. All the muslim dominated cultures in the world are bastions of awesomeness. I hope the left embraces everything about it even more.

bitch you couldn't even tell me what the most populous muslim country is without googling, gently caress outta here

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Montasque posted:

The entire reason for this thread is to show that the right are trying to be 'cool and hip' to the kids.

The best response the left has? Chapo Trap House.

lol no. the left has literally all of pop culture

i get that "jontron" or w/e is a big deal on the dorkwad internet but drake saying "gently caress DONALD TRUMP" in front of 50,000 tweens who are creaming themselves over his every word is a bigger deal

however pewdiepie is a legit influencer for a whole slew of (fatter, grosser) kids so yeah his nazi poo poo matters. good on Google and Disney for not giving this garbage a platform, it's alarming and this swedish moron should be loving ashamed of himself. dude needs to visit the aushwitz museum and also suck my dick.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Baloogan posted:

could you be so kind as to tell me who the current president of the united states is? and his closest 3 advisers? and what sort of websites do they run?

you complacent idiot

baloogs i have no idea what you're getting at here, but the gamergate squad is not the youth culture force you want them to be. if you think they're a big deal among the cool kids, you're not plugged in. Yeah, Pewdiepie does have a huge following...which is why he's apologized for his calls for Jewish genocide and denounced the alt-right. He's a disingenuous shithead who doesn't mean a word, but even he knows which way the wind blows.

Montasque posted:

Drake's primary objective is to entertain people and make money. That's cool that Drake screams gently caress TRUMP to 50,000 tweens, but that's preaching to the choir.

It's exactly the same for Milo! and trust me, those kids don't give a poo poo about politics until riri starts tweeting about it. There's a fuckload of woke tweens that are getting Teen Vogued into action and they outnumber the redpillers 10 to 1. Goons spend a lot of time in circles that are favorable to the altright, don't mistake our own experiences for the whole world.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

also pewdiepie didn't make "off color jokes" about jews. he paid people to hold signs that say DEATH TO ALL JEWS

thats not off color. thats openly nazi poo poo. you dont get to claim irony because you dont really mean it lolz. gently caress you coward. we know you really mean it.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

honestly i disagree. I think he is honestly that high on views, money and stupidty and that he seriously thought he could cross a bunch of lines with lovely awful jokes and get away clean. yeah sure he faked the appology probaly and he could turn into some sort of alt right clown rear end so he can keep his numbers up. but i think this was stupidy and greed over malice.

this is exactly (like verbatim) what people used to say about Céline in the 1930s. its a joke, haha! he couldn't possibly mean it. look how silly he's being!

then the nazis came to france and suddenly Céline was egging on violence against jews in the public square.

pewdiepie works the same way.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

Actually he paid them 5 bux to say that and "Subscribe to Keemstar" since it was obviously supposed to be an edgy joke.

Well, lets hear what his Jewish friend, recently back from Israel, has to say about Pewdiepie:

you should be sincerely loving ashamed of yourself for posting that garbage video smh

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

also you can't use the "ITS OBVIOUSLY A JOKE GUYS" thing now that the pepe nazis are everywhere. it's very obviously not a joke to many people.

and even if pewdiepie doesn't personally rock the swastika (hes definitely a MAGA cap altright broseph thru and thru) he makes anti-semitism more normal around the world. five year olds watch his poo poo. gently caress him for that, and double gently caress him for him for being pewdiepie.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

breaklaw posted:

To the Nazi watchers itt, how are they reacting to this?

Well I'll be goddamned. If ol' Benny and the Nets says it, it must be true. Swastikas are cool and funny now. Pewdiepie, here is a pile of money and a +1 sword of cuckslaying, lets get to work.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Mnoba posted:

calling him an anti-semite is character assasination, and all of the examples the wsj listed were garbage. You are pretty much completely wrong. The above clip, the end was left out on purpose to make it like kill all of the jews was the only part. Yes, Disney has the right to pull the plug and no one disagrees with that. It was a hit piece though.

no it wasn't

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

i'm glad republicans did a benghazi on milo :)

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

is there a shred of evidence this dickhead was actually abused?

cause i don't loving believe him

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

The Kingfish posted:

Don't be a retard.

:rolleyes:

you'd have to be a retard to take someone as slimy as milo at his word, so i guess he's perfect for you

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

My Moms Penis posted:

There are enough terrible things to say about him without undermining the claims of other abuse victims with your "critical eye", Sherlock.

holy poo poo, gently caress this attitude. Milo has built a career off undermining the claims of abuse victims. He turns his abuse narrative into a joke and a shield for criticism. he turns atrocity into a origin story for homophobia and muslim hatred. i've never seen anything from milo that wasn't self-serving vacuous garbage. he'll say and do literally anything if it keeps him provactive and untouchable.

"can't get mad at me for calling you a trans human being who needs to be executed, i'm gay!"

"can't get mad at me for smirkingly advocating rape, groping, and pedophillia, i was molested!"

you can believe him unquestioned if you want, but that's sucker poo poo. doubting the word of a scumfuck liar isn't empowering pedophiles, sorry

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Sleeping Giants is significantly hurting their business. Doing god's work imo, if you have some free time you should help them out

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Wikkheiser posted:

Good article from Laurie Penny:

this article is amazing, thank you for posting it. practically the whole thing is quotable. This section on Milo's young followers is eye-opening

quote:

Many of them don’t agree with what Yiannopoulos says, let alone what Trump says. They agree with the way he says it, because their life experience does not extend beyond interpreting being criticized as censorship.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

Am I allowed to think Takei is an annoying dickhead? Because yeah, his tweets have been horrible since Trump won the gop nom.

Sure, but it's a little weird since most of the tweets from @GeorgeTakei are completely indistinguishable from @BernieSanders. This is the average tweet:

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/834857770348339202

That's because Takei is a social media brand as much as he is a person. 95%+ of "his" tweets and FB posts are written by a media team, same as Sanders. Personally I wish Takei would tweet some survival skills for living in an ethnic concentration camp since he actually has experience on the subject.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

BANNON

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Power_of_the_glory posted:

I wonder how many of these protestors will go back to sleep after the Democrats get back in power and continue Trump's policies?

The fanfic thread is in another subforum.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Fascists get to listen to absolute unlistenable "neofolk" garbage and nothing else. Depeche Mode would quite happily punch Spencer in his puffy face.

death in june can lick my nutsack

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Montasque posted:

Also there's a rumour that she's joining Milo's new "NotBreitbart" news. My guess is Gavin also leaves Rebel sooner rather than later, possibly to link up with Milo as well.

Eagerly awaiting the This Aint Breitbart: A XXX Parody

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

they don't just hate art, they hate punk rock and cool fashion and literally anything associated with self-expression, women or sex

the only acceptable form of entertainment is videogames and they better be shooty twitchfests. exploration and dialogue are for F@gg0ts

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ehh. no offence but thats the moviebob fallacy. some like shooters sure, but most of the stuff weird old RPGs or weird weeb poo poo and hate most modern gaming(AAA/indie/whatever) because casuals/"politics"/whatever. for example they hate battlefield one because their are colonial soldiers in it but yeah the definitely hate the former.

i'm just riffing off the wildly virulent hatred for games like gone home, but maybe they're cool with walking sims as long as no gays allowed

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Right now nothing seems to be particularly good at countering the alt right. They keep running circles around anyone who goes after them.

wtf are you talking about. this is the current status of some of the alt rights most notable figures:

https://twitter.com/hello__caitlin/status/833819469994536960

https://twitter.com/prttybadtweeter/status/822620848897069056?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

gently caress Kurt Eichenwald.

careful dude he already sent one troll to the big house, you really wanna get hurt by the kurt?

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

tbqh my man i am very sick of reading "haha i'm glad these ppl i dont like are suffering" one thousand times a day from literally all parties (altright, liberal, conservative, anime communist)

i understand that spite is all we have left but its just tiresome

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

start posting the wholesome memes tweets itt

don't get me wrong i'm into hatred and scorn and being all sassy i just prefer we direct it at their vile dumbass beliefs and personalities instead of being "haha these idiots are going to EXPERIENCE PAIN"

i know they are! we all are!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

why on earth would PROUD BOY MANLY MAN gavin mcinnes post the whiniest weakman poo poo on twitter about how his wife put him in the doghouse

like i seriously dont get it, what the gently caress kind of persona is he trying to project