Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
More tree lizards getting into my house.

I let this one stay in my house for a week before I decided to throw it out.

Bonus lizard that got into my laundry basket a month ago.

Both of these guys are about 4 inches long. They're considerably flat, so they find a way to sneak into my house, but I haven't found any places in my house where they could sneak in.

What do I add to the image urls that will cause the images to auto fit into the post so I don't have to thumbnail it or break tables or edit the image?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijii
Mar 17, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I wish I had tree lizards instead of silverfish, ants, and the occasional cockroach. Though the lizards would probably prefer to stay outside what with all the cats in here.

I've lived in homes that have had visits from ants, a bigger pain in the rear end then roaches IMO.

It's been about 2 weeks since I've stepped in my backyard and found 3 yellow jackets trying to build a nest at my porch's ceiling. 4 feet was as close as I was going to get to take a picture.

I knocked it down with my trusty telescoping pole saw. The 3 yellow jackets buzzed around for a minute and went back to the former location of the nest. I grabbed a spray bottle with water/dish soap mixture and sprayed them from a safe distance. Unfortunately it didn't soak them so they just pissed off instead of go dead. I'll have a to do checks around the house to make sure they don't find another location to build.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007

Sammus posted:

Look at this big rear end in a top hat I found within 30 seconds of stepping onto my back stoop and shining a UV light around! It's not a bark scorpion, but I still wouldn't want to gently caress around with him.

Yikes, that scorpion is quite a fatty. I've never seen such a big body to skinny legs ratio.

I found this on my bedroom floor just now:

The consensus last time I posted one of these, was that this isn't a bark scorpion either. I guess bark scorpions have thinner tails. I believe this scorpion is a yellow scorpion.

e: Should mention that this is in southern Arizona for those that care.

ijii fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 21, 2017

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
One thing I missed from Texas, toads. I loved seeing dozens of 1/2 inch toads hopping all over the place. I loved seeing the occasional fat 8 inch toad plopping along. A toad is a critter that you can easily chase and pick up and not worry about getting bitten. Please keep posting them!

One thing I don't miss from Texas, cicadas. Loud and obnoxious. They're exceptionally bad when I have the rare headache and I just want to sleep it off in silence, but those assholes manage to penetrate house walls with their noise pollution. They leave disgusting molts everywhere that makes a crunch noise when you accidentally step on.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007

Sammus posted:

Also there were lots of these little guys around. They were a lot of fun because moths would flock to the spot I was shining my normal flashlight, so if I found one under UV then switched, he'd almost always get a free meal delivered right to him.
I was thinking of doing this in my front yard and back yard. I just found another scorpion in my house. I was half asleep, and managed to miss the scorpion by a foot while walking around bare foot.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
Snek

Found this guy in my garage right near the edge of my garage door. I was taking out the garbage real quick so I kept the lights off since there was enough sun light to see that was seeping through a 8" x 6" vent in the opposite side of the garage of where the snake was located. Hoo boy, that was a close call. I have to lift my garage door to open it since it's broke, so my hand was 3 feet away from this guy and didn't notice it until I opened the garage door which brought in more light. Also thankfully this is one of the few times I happen to have shoes on rather than sandals because I just got back from work.

I think the danger noodle might be a rattler, it's been a while since I've come across one but it's pretty small. Uncoiled it probably would have been a foot long at most. It's starting to get a bit chilly overnight so my garage stays a bit warmer which it may like. Also I've seen an occasional small lizard and evidence of a mouse, so it could have been searching for food too. I let it be because I'm the only resident and have no pets, plus if it scares off or eat any rodents, that'd be great.

Bonus katydid from work that I took a couple months back. It was the biggest one I've seen, I remember the thing being 3 to 4 inches long.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
Southern Arizona.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
Only critters I'd ever handle would be lizards, toads, and scorpions (while using extreme caution). All furry critters and snakes are off limits to me. If I see the rattler again I'll call a local pest removal company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I don't go outside much unless it's to my car to go to work. I noticed some critter building up a home in my back yard.

I figured I'd clean that up while I clean up the rest of my disaster of my backyard, but then I looked around the corner where my 3 month old AC unit is and :stare:

What the gently caress. I'm almost afraid to poke the nest here. I was thinking rats, but take a look at that poo poo.

That poo poo is way too big for rats. Anybody able to identify critter based on the poop and location? I live in southern Arizona. I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into to properly prepare myself to tackle this.

Bonus close up shot of a lizard with my S7 phone:

ijii fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 2, 2018