Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

I don't know what this mite might be.
Canada 151 Bioblitz 0005 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr

Looks like a spider mite, they like to infest marijuana plants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Also, ten inches seems like a real big toad.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

You should see my hog.

What does a motorcycle have to do with the length of amphibians?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

When I was a kid I would see these guys (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrharctia_isabella) every year, but I haven't seen one in probably twenty years. I miss them they were cool dudes.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

It isn't natural when it's humans introducing the non-native species. European starlings are a good example.

And cane toads.

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 4, 2019

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I started seeing a few Juncos in my backyard so I put up a bird feeder and this morning there was a big flock of them hanging around. :woop:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

In the process of moving my mason bee house outside from winter storage I left it in my living room for too long so a bee hatched and was hanging out on a wall by the window.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Free egg. Enjoy!

Yeah pretty much, mother earth Gaia just gave you an egg.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

There was a crow trying to munch on a suet block I put out but it looked like it only succeeded in flapping all over the place and scattering stuff on the ground for the juncos to eat.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I have also seen yellow shrooms similar to that in a potted plant.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm not sure if it counts, but just yesterday the flickers here started their yearly ritual of pecking the poo poo out of the plumbing vents on my roof presumably as a mating ritual. Last year I thought an inconsiderate neighbor was using an air ratchet at odd intervals until I finally figured out it was the birds.

It took me like three years to realize it was a bird and not an inconsiderate neighbor. :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

MrYenko posted:

So uh, MrsYenko just sent these from work.

Apparently Coconut Creek squirrels give zero fucks.

Update: The squirrel is fine, the snake is dead. He took a pair of rodent incisors to the brain parts.

Nature is a motherfucker sometimes.

I had no idea they could kill a snake of that size, squirrels are jerks :argh: