Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm pretty sure that's an Elephant Hawk Moth, they eat flower nectar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Mak0rz are you strictly a bee expert or do you also know wasps and hornets and yellowjackets? (I don't have a photo or anything, I'm just curious)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Those are Blue Jays.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Alrighty, it's kind of a long shot but I figure if anyone can figure out what the heck this is, it's you guys:

This little critter was found on the leaf of a wild black cherry tree (sorry it's blurry, all I have is a camera phone) and it's a few millimeters long at best. I'm in Southwestern Ontario.

edit: replaced with a better photo

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 3, 2020

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Free Cheese posted:

Using plants native to your area for your plantings is far and above the best way to foster local wildlife, especially pollinators

:hai:

Mom replaced most of her garden with native plants and now she's getting ten kinds of bees or something equally absurd. And so may goddamn wasps. It's a hymenoptera mosh put every time I visit.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I saw a neat bug on a customer's car, they were nice enough to let me photograph it.

Seek says it's a Western Conifer Seed Bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Have some bugs:

Tan Jumping Spider

Little Wood Satyr

And this is some some kind of litter moth, probably either a Common Idia Moth or American Idia moth. Look how loving small it is!!!

(Sorry about the image quality, all's I got is a phone camera)