Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Anyone able to ID this spooky spider from eastern PA?

Enjoy some shots of a leaf bug on glass!

Leon Sumbitches fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Sep 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

The Red Queen posted:

Those eyes are hypnotic!

:wink:

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

I'm planning a honeymoon to Belize in 5 months and am very excited about the number of critters we'll be seeing. Apparently, 26-40% of the country is natural preserves. If anyone has any critter-scoping guides for this part of Central America, pass 'em my way!

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Any ideas on what these are? I was upstate in NY over the weekend and saw thousands of these on the shady side of trees, mostly birch. The trees looked dead with little to no leaves.

There were also caterpillars(?) everywhere on the property, mostly dead--unsure what is going on but it seems like the biome is out of wack in some way.

This one was pretty, though!

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

the yeti posted:

Them's gypsy moths, so yeah I bet the trees did look rough.

Apparently this year is the worst infestation in decades, thanks for helping with the ID. We're going to let the property owner know, but it doesn't sound like much can be done at this point.

https://cbs6albany.com/news/local/gypsy-moth-infestation-is-worst-in-decades