Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

Moon potato I still plan to use your photos as reference to do some drawings if that is o.k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yay, a new thread! I was worried it might not happen.

Hawaii 2016 pt. I forget - Mammals

There are not many mammals in Hawaii and most of them are introduced. One in particular was a surprise - I nearly ran over a small weasel shaped creature almost immediately after we left the airport (thankfully it passed between the tires) and looked it up once we got to our rental. Turns out it was a mongoose, and the Big Island is infested with them.

Way to go, humans.

Now with that said, it was very difficult to actually get photos as they move quickly and are quite shy. I was following rustles in the bushes around in the jungle for several mornings in a row before I got any good shots.

Here are some aquatic mammals - spinner dolphins.

And one of the many feral formerly domestic creatures on the island, a particularly noble goat.

Those mongoose hop everywhere they're really cute and horribly destructive

naem
May 29, 2011

Flambeau posted:

Roo is looking at that hen like he can't decide whether to fight it or gently caress it.

that how roos do

naem
May 29, 2011

Blue ring octopus-es (octopi?) are like a holy grail for underwater photographers to find so congrats