Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I live in downtown Toronto, so the most exotic thing I've seen is the neighbor's cat but I'm going to Cape Breton in a couple weeks. Any particular critters I should keep an eye out for? Will try and get some pix for the thread, natch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So I finally got those pics from my trip to Cape Breton off my camera. It's an old thing and I lost the cord what plugs into my computer and had to order a new one but here they are, like, a month late. :downs:

Anyway, enjoy some crappily composited critters.

These last two are cheating because they're from a wilderness park but whatever I got to handfeed reindeer and baby bears.

Not pictured, but seen: a couple super chill porcupines trundling along and what we're pretty sure was a juvenile lynx that ran across the road in front of us on the Cabot Trail.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Welp, looks like I've got a house centipede sharing the place with me now. On second thought I should have ran for a bowl instead of a camera because now I'm not sure where it went. He's a big one, an absolute unit. I live in a studio apartment so I've some trepidation; hopefully he sticks to the walls and floor...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah I looked it up and they're basically harmless/beneficial. It's just that he showed up on the wall above my desk, which is next to my bed and I'm just hoping he doesn't get cold and want to cuddle when I go to sleep.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gunshow Poophole posted:

this is amazing lmao

people who are like fundamentally afraid of snakes baffle me. don't kill snakes you dopes

I am friend to all* animals, in large part because of where I lived as a child. I had a itinerant boa constrictor curl around the beam above my bunk bed for a week or so. A tarantula living in a crevice in the shower.

*I kill flies.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Both taken by me in the last week

He looks lost.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
My dad found this 'un in his garden and can't identify. He lives in Austria, near Vienna.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Just static jpegs for me

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mozi posted:

i sense a convergence... when the most powerful beings in the universe are drawn together in a dangerous display of puissance

Too many words.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Scarodactyl posted:

Heard some rustling behind my dad's trash can and braced myself as I pulled it out. Mouse? Rat?

Nope :kimchi:

Awww look at its widdle ears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
:chloe: