Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Just found this thread, I'm just in love with all these beautiful shots of cute arthropods! Makes me want to go out for a quick search but unfortunately there's an extremely high number of yellowjackets out and about and they tend to be a bit ornery this time of year due to the changing of the seasons.

They're beautiful and lovely insects but I'm allergic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Plant looks like a Salvia of some kind.

Might be Salvia leucantha? The way the flowers arc and the whitish color on the stems makes me think leucantha.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I love how spider eyes reflect light even though they're so tiny.

I like spiders.

Sandwolf posted:

and the internet tells me they search for prey!

time to hit the skids, Pavel!!

When I lived in a few different basement apartments, they were always well populated with yellow sac spiders. Not once have I had one go anywhere near me. They mostly just hang out on the ceiling and nap in their little silky beds.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 29, 2020

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Found this little Neotibicen hanging out upside down on the sidewalk. I may have grossed out some people sitting nearby by showing curiosity towards the little critter and helping it back up and onto a tree.

Cicadas are so clumsy.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Falukorv posted:

Commensalist mites on a carabid, or how you get away not paying bus fare.

That's so cool. You go acarids. You go.

(They've arranged themselves in a very aesthetically pleasing manner that I appreciate)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

my cat is norris posted:

New house is blessed with stalwart guardians.

House centipedes are so cool. I only got to see them when I lived in a basement apartment. I remember hobbling down on all fours to the floor and trying to follow it as quickly as possible until it just like phased out of existence.

We planted some massive sunflower plants at work (each plant has easily over 50 capitula per plant) and I'm excited to share the bounty of friends they'll attract.

Also, my 2 year old nephew loves all critters. He likes to find grubs to give to my brother and always says "it's so cute!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

this hoverfly has been stuck in our shop for a few days now but I guess there's no shortage of yummy flowers to forage from. Hard to get a good shot of him with my phone but second image is him on a small Gibasis flower.

tiny spider on a ray floret.

Look at the perfect gradient of dusty greys on this moth's abdomen!