Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This is really cool so far- only one question, what's that little radar ping for? The one that makes the sides of your minimal light up?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That first big fight section did a really good job of tricking me into thinking I had more than enough healing items for the part right after lol.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxKFZ7gHlb8

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

https://youtu.be/eyu0lAfAFIM

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Getting my PS4 repaired or replaced just for this holy moly

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This is really cool so far- only one question, what's that little radar ping for? The one that makes the sides of your minimal light up?

i'm pretty sure it means you've gotten close enough to your objective (pink dot) that it's entered your radar circle

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-PQQX4Itzk

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

fiber posted:

i'm pretty sure it means you've gotten close enough to your objective (pink dot) that it's entered your radar circle

Yeah this is the reason. Thanks.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This game is essentially the polar opposite of LA Noire, where instead of having a giant game world with absolutely nothing to do except drive from point A to point B for 20 minutes you have a relatively small game world where you can walk to any place in a few minutes and there's different things to do all over. Also, it's fun, and the combat's good, the faces don't look messed up and the writers don't have their heads up their asses

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

"lah nuhwah" is a masterpiece. The story of colephelps is one of thr greatest of the 21st century.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This game is essentially the polar opposite of LA Noire, where instead of having a giant game world with absolutely nothing to do except drive from point A to point B for 20 minutes you have a relatively small game world where you can walk to any place in a few minutes and there's different things to do all over. Also, it's fun, and the combat's good, the faces don't look messed up and the writers don't have their heads up their asses

You see that karaoke bar in the distance? You can go there

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

This game is really good. Love how macho it is. Also got the business edition with the slick card holder.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

cool, the transition between walking to fighting is instantaneous now.

and do you get 3 Heat meters?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

You see that karaoke bar in the distance? You can go there

lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Action Tortoise posted:

Very carefully

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i bought it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

good.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Action Tortoise posted:

cool, the transition between walking to fighting is instantaneous now.

Your heat works in gears now and every bar you fill up Kiryu can attack faster and use more devestating versions of his moves.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is this worth $60 if I never played Yakuza but wanna walk around Tokyo doing all the non fight things

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yes

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is this worth $60 if I never played Yakuza but wanna walk around Tokyo doing all the non fight things

this is the perfect time to jump in

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's the best way to make money in this game? I just started Chapter 4.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

fadam posted:

What's the best way to make money in this game? I just started Chapter 4.

Judging from the CP trade skills at the shrine, there's some kind of real estate metagame that comes into play.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Serious feels gaming at the end of the doll girl quest line.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

This game owns and I'm glad to see more people getting into the series. Thank you Sony for keeping the dream alive.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Caithness posted:

I don't remember Mountain Dew being sold in Japan when I was there.

You can get the Dew here.

Source: big dew fan in Japan.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

"lah nuhwah" is a masterpiece. The story of colephelps is one of thr greatest of the 21st century.

Rip colephelpsGTA

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

man nurse posted:

This game owns and I'm glad to see more people getting into the series. Thank you Sony for keeping the dream alive.

They have taken their sweet loving time allowing us to buy it in the first place

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The JCC minigame is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a videogame. This game rules.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This game is loving incredible

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The translation is sick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

just unlocked majima, tht cutscene was insanely epic. this game owns so much

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

omfg the weapon crafting system isc ool. its insane that there's like 40 different minigames basically everywhere

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Fungah! posted:

just unlocked majima, tht cutscene was insanely epic. this game owns so much

I'm at this part too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Every cutscene is so bad rear end. This game is legitimately incredible.

• Locked thread