Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Played the opening of chapter three right before going to bed. I don't know anything about this series- this is my first game- but I know Majima rules.

EDIT: also now I want to try a grape sour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kiryu can leave Kamurocho at some point, right? Because I can't find Super Hang on anywhere. I'm desperate for more Karaoke songs as well.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Kiryu can leave Kamurocho at some point, right? Because I can't find Super Hang on anywhere. I'm desperate for more Karaoke songs as well.

Yes but theres a way to get a super hang-on in Kamurocho

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/4pWUwLs.mp4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SO is the fighting in this one actually good? Because i loved the story of 1 and 2 but hated everything about the combat, and I figure its probably improved since then

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's great

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It kicks rear end. Can't wait for the remake of the original game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I need this drat game

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Everything about it is so good. It was definitely a good intro to the series for me, because now I want to play all of them.

Also I wish I had had the forethought to screen capture Kiryu saying "What am I doing with my life?" to himself and looking extremely existential during the dominatrix training mission.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress guess Ill have to buy Yakuza 0 then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I know theyre bring Kiwami over but are going to translate Dead Souls as well?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Also I know theyre bring Kiwami over but are going to translate Dead Souls as well?

Dead Souls came out in NA 5 years ago

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:staredog:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

SO is the fighting in this one actually good? Because i loved the story of 1 and 2 but hated everything about the combat, and I figure its probably improved since then

the fighting is okay

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Is there a button to lock on to people in fights?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

Is there a button to lock on to people in fights?

hold r1 but it kind of sucks

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I only use r1 when it's 1v1.

As for combat in general, each style kind of sucks until you unlock more moves, either with cash or through the special trainer missions. The more variety there is in your attacks/combos the better the game gets

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Just started this game and I failed the first karaoke minigame because I couldn't handle how awesome everything was

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

gently caress guess Ill have to buy Yakuza 0 then

Good idea.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This is probably the funniest, coolest game I've played in years.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

it r eally is

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

the fightng's fine, its not the best ever but it feels good enough nd as you get more abilities it gets more interesting. heat actions are 100% ftw though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

when the felonious rats start making GBS threads up a GBS thread

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I am definitely 100%ing this game. This is the first step...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubjCGUkR7tc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man I wanna get this game but I know I wont finish it before Nier comes out so Ill have to hold off. Maybe a summer of Yakuza

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm still very early in the game but I like it a lot. I want to get good at using the environment to hit people, and from what I see there is a fighting style you get later that focuses on that

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My wife is buying this for me right now ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think this is the best open world game that I've played. Packing so much into a relatively small world makes for a really great game.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
i've played and loved every one of them and when i finish learning japanese i'm going to get the samurai and psp games too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I think this is the best open world game that I've played. Packing so much into a relatively small world makes for a really great game.

yyeah, i love that theres basically no wasted space. basically every square inch of city gets used for somethng. thats the only thing thats got me worried about botw, it sounds like they went for wide instead of deep nd deep is almost always better

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Just got to the point where the protagonists' stories begin to converge. This is nuts

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've been in Chapter 6 for 10 hours lol.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol yeah same. expanding kiryu's business jst feels so good

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
i got owned hard in the first rival cabaret battle

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I'm still very early in the game but I like it a lot. I want to get good at using the environment to hit people, and from what I see there is a fighting style you get later that focuses on that

You get it in Chapter 2 and it's p fun. Your normal punch attack automatically picks up any nearby object and then you go ham.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ffs they are sold out apparently they hadn't a clue the game would be such a hit

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

You get it in Chapter 2 and it's p fun. Your normal punch attack automatically picks up any nearby object and then you go ham.

Sweet. My one complaint with brawler mode is its kind of tricky to pick things up in battle without just grabbing a load of nothing in the air and getting hit by some goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

julian assflange posted:

Ffs they are sold out apparently they hadn't a clue the game would be such a hit

Can't you buy it digitally

• Locked thread