Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious frankie posted:

my favorite mission so far is the "bizza" mission. the pizza guy watching and fist pumping really made it something special.

The bizza delivery music was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

julian assflange posted:

One of my real estate managers is an actual chicken. Also don't bother ever using Magic as an advisor he is poo poo

Do you mean Miracle? He's pricey but drat good at upgrading Entertainment and Shopping.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Evil Eagle posted:

Do you mean Miracle? He's pricey but drat good at upgrading Entertainment and Shopping.

Yeah whoops. Not sure but the one time I used him (and it was the right rating) he upgraded gently caress all

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Miracle is super expensive, but he's not really useful until you unlock the Gambling and Media districts and by that time his ¥50 mil fee shouldn't matter.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How do you unlock other districts? I'm still in leisure town but I own almost everything and I'm pissing off the king a lot.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How do you unlock other districts? I'm still in leisure town but I own almost everything and I'm pissing off the king a lot.

Beat the Leisure King to unlock the next 3 districts. You need 90% for him to challenge you.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Do you get to use weapons at any stage? I have them but don't know how to use them. I'm only at chapter 5 so maybe that's after?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

julian assflange posted:

Do you get to use weapons at any stage? I have them but don't know how to use them. I'm only at chapter 5 so maybe that's after?

down on the dpad switches to your equipped weapon

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Beat the Leisure King to unlock the next 3 districts. You need 90% for him to challenge you.

Chur.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HORMELCHILI posted:

down on the dpad switches to your equipped weapon

Oh for fucks sake!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Spending Saturday night in irl kamuracho.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I think the silent shoes you can get from miracle johnson make it easy to steal from mr. shakedown when he's napping. ripped him off for an easy hundred sixteen million just now.. just stop pickpocketing when the exclamation mark pops up, then stat again when it disappears.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I chose my dental insurance poorly.

lisa needs braces

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just finished up the Cabaret Club story. I think I'm going to try and blow through the rest of the main story now. 57.75% completion so far after 65 hours. This game man.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Anyone know where to hide out at the start of Chapter 9? I feel like I've checked everywhere.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Just finished up the Cabaret Club story. I think I'm going to try and blow through the rest of the main story now. 57.75% completion so far after 65 hours. This game man.

I know what you mean. I have god knows how many hours logged and I'm still on chapter 6, becoming the KING OF PROPERTY.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Evil Eagle posted:

Anyone know where to hide out at the start of Chapter 9? I feel like I've checked everywhere.

IIRC you have to make your way to that office where you meet up with the other Kazuma Family guys near the very beginning.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

IIRC you have to make your way to that office where you meet up with the other Kazuma Family guys near the very beginning.

Thank you.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/svWDmxp.mp4

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 reverberating over and over again in my head ala the dental plan bit from the simpsons

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm on Chapter 7 everyone.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Can't wait to do this

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just unlocked Nugget as a manager.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Just unlocked Nugget as a manager.

That was a great scene. Emeri's facial expressions....

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nugget is now in charge of the pleasure zone.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I'm so close to taking out the media king, goldurn but this does take forever.

Is there an easier way to get the godspeed engine mark II besides grinding million yen dream machines? It's the last pocket racer part I need and I think it's what stands between me and taking down fighter.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Tell me, can you actually play pachinko in this game?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Not that I've seen but I haven't finished opening up majimas turf so there might be some pachinko there.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't think that there's pachinko unfortunately. Just like 5 pachinko parlors that you can buy but not go into.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Oh. Well thanks anyways.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can't wait to go home and play more Yakuza 0

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Can't wait to go home and enjoy my... teeth...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Can't wait to go home and enjoy my... teeth...

http://i.imgur.com/4pWUwLs.mp4

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I think I heard some other games have it (4 and 5?) but not 0

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

that looks really unpleasant

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

5 minutes after the tea kettle heat action one of the characters called Kiryu a gentle and kind person.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Evil Eagle posted:

5 minutes after the tea kettle heat action one of the characters called Kiryu a gentle and kind person.

His gentle chuckle is very disarming

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious frankie posted:

I'm so close to taking out the media king, goldurn but this does take forever.

Is there an easier way to get the godspeed engine mark II besides grinding million yen dream machines? It's the last pocket racer part I need and I think it's what stands between me and taking down fighter.

I beat fighter last night with the regular godspeed engine so it can be done. Maybe you need different gears or tires if he's just driving away from you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Frenz posted:

I beat fighter last night with the regular godspeed engine so it can be done. Maybe you need different gears or tires if he's just driving away from you?

I'm using the ultra godspeed gears and the ultra spiked tires. Fighter leaves me in his dust and I go flying off the track pretty easily. I was hoping I could get the engine then switch out the gears for something more stable.

• Locked thread