Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Played the opening of chapter three right before going to bed. I don't know anything about this series- this is my first game- but I know Majima rules.

EDIT: also now I want to try a grape sour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Everything about it is so good. It was definitely a good intro to the series for me, because now I want to play all of them.

Also I wish I had had the forethought to screen capture Kiryu saying "What am I doing with my life?" to himself and looking extremely existential during the dominatrix training mission.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I'm still very early in the game but I like it a lot. I want to get good at using the environment to hit people, and from what I see there is a fighting style you get later that focuses on that

You get it in Chapter 2 and it's p fun. Your normal punch attack automatically picks up any nearby object and then you go ham.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Sweet. My one complaint with brawler mode is its kind of tricky to pick things up in battle without just grabbing a load of nothing in the air and getting hit by some goon

It's the exact opposite with the beast style. I thought it was lame at first and was only going to use it to grind some cp, but then i fell in love. G'bless ya bacchus. You are good people and you have the best friends.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I just got to chapter five and I miss majima already. his fighting styles are way more fun and you can cheese the hell out of him pretty easily. Get his batter skills that make weapons unbreakable so long as you're calm then equip the charm that makes your heat never rise and a weapon with good strength and reach; it'slike playing with God Mode on. kiryu by comparison is way more boxy and really cruddy reach. I'm having to unlearn all my habits over here!!"

on the other hand, the friendship quest to unlock hang on and kiryu accidentally getting a twelve year old slot car girlfriend are worth it all. this game is so friggin odd, I love it.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

teeth are temporary. yakuza 0 is forever. I mean, literally. I have no idea when I'll run out of stuff to do. I may have to give it to my children to finish.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

my favorite mission so far is the "bizza" mission. the pizza guy watching and fist pumping really made it something special.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I think the silent shoes you can get from miracle johnson make it easy to steal from mr. shakedown when he's napping. ripped him off for an easy hundred sixteen million just now.. just stop pickpocketing when the exclamation mark pops up, then stat again when it disappears.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Just finished up the Cabaret Club story. I think I'm going to try and blow through the rest of the main story now. 57.75% completion so far after 65 hours. This game man.

I know what you mean. I have god knows how many hours logged and I'm still on chapter 6, becoming the KING OF PROPERTY.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I'm so close to taking out the media king, goldurn but this does take forever.

Is there an easier way to get the godspeed engine mark II besides grinding million yen dream machines? It's the last pocket racer part I need and I think it's what stands between me and taking down fighter.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Tell me, can you actually play pachinko in this game?

Not that I've seen but I haven't finished opening up majimas turf so there might be some pachinko there.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Frenz posted:

I beat fighter last night with the regular godspeed engine so it can be done. Maybe you need different gears or tires if he's just driving away from you?

I'm using the ultra godspeed gears and the ultra spiked tires. Fighter leaves me in his dust and I go flying off the track pretty easily. I was hoping I could get the engine then switch out the gears for something more stable.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Frenz posted:

I think it's the low power from those gears + the high grip from the tires that is slowing you down

yeah, I dunno. I moved on for the time being and am now working on the cabaret club side quest. gotta build a better car and not be so afraid to lean on the O button\battery to stay on the track.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

small hendren posted:

Nioh owns but Bloodborne is the better version

I haven't played Nioh, but I know in my heart that this is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

small hendren posted:

I mean it's really good but if the guy is limiting himself to three games and BB is one of them, he should get something different like P5 imo

I just started P5 and it is ridiculously good.

• Locked thread