Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This came out today and I've heard really good things so far. My copy hasn't arrived yet, but feel free to discuss the game (and the series)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This is really cool so far- only one question, what's that little radar ping for? The one that makes the sides of your minimal light up?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That first big fight section did a really good job of tricking me into thinking I had more than enough healing items for the part right after lol.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxKFZ7gHlb8

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

fiber posted:

i'm pretty sure it means you've gotten close enough to your objective (pink dot) that it's entered your radar circle

Yeah this is the reason. Thanks.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This game is essentially the polar opposite of LA Noire, where instead of having a giant game world with absolutely nothing to do except drive from point A to point B for 20 minutes you have a relatively small game world where you can walk to any place in a few minutes and there's different things to do all over. Also, it's fun, and the combat's good, the faces don't look messed up and the writers don't have their heads up their asses

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

fadam posted:

What's the best way to make money in this game? I just started Chapter 4.

Judging from the CP trade skills at the shrine, there's some kind of real estate metagame that comes into play.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Fungah! posted:

just unlocked majima, tht cutscene was insanely epic. this game owns so much

I'm at this part too.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The end of Chap 6 is very very good. I've been taking my sweet time wrt story stuff though, I've mostly been doing completion stuff and substories. This game rocks

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I only use r1 when it's 1v1.

As for combat in general, each style kind of sucks until you unlock more moves, either with cash or through the special trainer missions. The more variety there is in your attacks/combos the better the game gets

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Just got to the point where the protagonists' stories begin to converge. This is nuts

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

poo poo... my real estate stuff is totally frozen until I get through several rounds of Outrun, which I suck at a ton.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

especially not after 25 hours of real estate money pumped into Kiryu's veins

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPjjnfGKrPc

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Miracle is super expensive, but he's not really useful until you unlock the Gambling and Media districts and by that time his ¥50 mil fee shouldn't matter.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Anyone know where to hide out at the start of Chapter 9? I feel like I've checked everywhere.

IIRC you have to make your way to that office where you meet up with the other Kazuma Family guys near the very beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Ahh, an LTWFTW.

• Locked thread