Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bought this last night nd its real cool, kiryu is a badass and the writing's fun. jjust got through chapter 1 so i only just hit the real open world but i dig it real bad. beginning's a little slow but once poo poo gets moving it gets moving hard. also the bowling minigame owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

You see that karaoke bar in the distance? You can go there

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yes

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

just unlocked majima, tht cutscene was insanely epic. this game owns so much

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

omfg the weapon crafting system isc ool. its insane that there's like 40 different minigames basically everywhere

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im so fuckin bad at shogi and mah jong lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

yeah it sucks you and fucks you while you play the game, and it mixes you a drink, and sings old dixie

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

Is there a button to lock on to people in fights?

hold r1 but it kind of sucks

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This is probably the funniest, coolest game I've played in years.

it r eally is

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

SO is the fighting in this one actually good? Because i loved the story of 1 and 2 but hated everything about the combat, and I figure its probably improved since then

the fightng's fine, its not the best ever but it feels good enough nd as you get more abilities it gets more interesting. heat actions are 100% ftw though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I think this is the best open world game that I've played. Packing so much into a relatively small world makes for a really great game.

yyeah, i love that theres basically no wasted space. basically every square inch of city gets used for somethng. thats the only thing thats got me worried about botw, it sounds like they went for wide instead of deep nd deep is almost always better

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol yeah same. expanding kiryu's business jst feels so good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Sweet. My one complaint with brawler mode is its kind of tricky to pick things up in battle without just grabbing a load of nothing in the air and getting hit by some goon

youg et super armor on basically everything too, its so badass

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a buddys got a pro nd this game's basically locked at 60 fps outside of ac ouple of scenes. even on my normal ps4 it still runs really smooth though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

The only drops I notice happen during certain Heat Actions. It's 60 all the way otherwise on an original PS4.

thats what i thought, wasnt sure. the yakuza engines badass as hell

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive got to respect the cgi guys whove modeled everyones faces down to the individual pores nd stubble, theres so much love put into this game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

um

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

majimas business fuckin rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i <3 nishiki ws the only other one wrth mentioning but yeah judgement kazzy is the winner

• Locked thread