Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I don't have an easy time with Grand Conquests even with the changes and using everyone's OP units, maybe I'm just bad at strategy games. I mean, I know I'm bad, but maybe I'm bad bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

I've been getting max score on Infernal just by autobattling with horses. Granted I have some friends with amazing horses, like a +10 galeforce Eliwood and a +9 Ares.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
gonna have to roll for bride ninan to feed to halloween henry

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I'm pretty sure 90% of my arena defences are because of NYAzura with the guidance seal. Flying dancer with guidance really is the best/worst.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

the new flying dancer will be extra dangerous, because she can have a blade tome, too

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

flying mage dancer is going to have like 100 bst though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

flying mage dancer is going to have like 100 bst though

Flying doesn’t reduce bst so she is going to be the same bst as Inigo

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

the new flying dancer will be extra dangerous, because she can have a blade tome, too

honestly that might be better since it will get the AI to attack you rather than let someone else go and dance

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Ninners having a tome might make her easier to deal with. Part of the challenge with dancers is getting them to come out from behind their team. Ninian being ranged and able to ignore terrain means she's going to be a lot more baitable than NY Azura or an infantry dancer.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Vitamin P posted:

Is there a site with an idiots guide to 'give this hero these skills'? I have no idea where to start or how to figure out what would be good with who.

There are some really standard builds out there. They depend on the units base stats.

Mages and other offensive units with high offense and low defense typically get A: fury/death blow/life and death/darting blow and B: desperation/hit and run. If they have decent defenses then you can also try vantage. Or if you have anything with firesweep that's a classic firesweep/life and death/hit and run, then reposition on a tanky unit to move them back afterwards.

Defensive units have a lot more variety in builds imo but it's hard to get away from Quick Riposte being the best B slot skill for them, seems like defensive builds are usually more resource intensive as well (requiring skills that you can only get from 5* pulls). A new meta is developing to have Guard or Wary Fighter with QR seal though, so any newbie should be able to build a great tank pretty early on now. I'd even say newbies should save their first 20k feathers and just promote Effie right off the bat and give her the QR seal. And dragons with Lightning breath-Steady breath-QR are pretty amazing.

Armors can use either Bold or Vengeful fighter and are some of the most insane units in the game because of them.

All your units you invest in or use a lot should be given a movement skill like swap, reposition, or drag back and especially prioritise mages and other range 2 units to have reposition or drag back or tanks to have swap. But some cav and flyer teams like to have all swap to keep in a specific formation more easily.

As a newbie building some units that like to use breaker skills is never really a bad idea, giving an offensive red unit with death blow swordbreaker lets them easily kill greens and most other reds and the same applies to giving a blue lancebreaker or a green axebreaker, and there are a lot of blue and green mages in play so having your own mages or archers with blue/green tomebreaker are easy builds as well that work with almost anyone.

In the end just check in here on the forums before inheriting away skills. Throwing away a klein or two when you mistakenly give away death blow 2 or QR2 because you don't feel like promoting is not much of a loss but giving an overpowered 5* skill like Steady Breath to the wrong unit is pretty devastating.

Washout fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 19, 2018

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

Just got pitty broken on the Genealogy banner while pulling for Lene. on the upside

I can still have a dancer with sword valor

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

In other pity breaker news, was trying to snag Ares and got pity broken by my first Ryoma...who is +SPD/-ATK. :negative:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

AradoBalanga posted:

In other pity breaker news, was trying to snag Ares and got pity broken by my first Ryoma...who is +SPD/-ATK. :negative:

There are considerably worse spreads; that one is still worth building.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

AradoBalanga posted:

Throw fury/vantage. Its what my Ryoma has at the same nature.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

was going through all my original piles of 3-4* units to burn through some feathers for while clearing up barracks space
the sheer number I have of these you'd think I would have ideal or even semi-ideal natures, but no. just a wide field of trash. It was only Arthur & Donnel, who I love, but I seriously had almost 2 rows of assorted pegasus knights and oboros and how were none of them good.
I am approaching 3 rows of Henry and none of these boys are either of the natures I'm looking for.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I'll throw my pitybreaker onto the pile, I suppose: I tried rolling one last time for Lene and/or Ares, and somehow ended up with a F!Kana. +Def/-Spd, which is bad because 1) -Spd, 2) the "physical dragon tank" role is being filled by A!Tiki, and 3) the "green dragon" spot is currently taken by Fae who can actually take magic. She's also the second F!Kana I've rolled (the first is sitting in my barracks with +HP/-Atk and I'm just twiddling my thumbs until I can find a good Goad Dragans and/or Fierce Stance user).

This game seems hellbent on making sure I will never get a dancer that is not Olivia. Hopefully the bridal banner will prove me wrong, because if I got B!Ninian I'd have 3/4ths of an actually usable flier team (missing red and blue currently).

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

SL the Pyro posted:

I'll throw my pitybreaker onto the pile, I suppose: I tried rolling one last time for Lene and/or Ares, and somehow ended up with a F!Kana. +Def/-Spd, which is bad because 1) -Spd, 2) the "physical dragon tank" role is being filled by A!Tiki, and 3) the "green dragon" spot is currently taken by Fae who can actually take magic. She's also the second F!Kana I've rolled (the first is sitting in my barracks with +HP/-Atk and I'm just twiddling my thumbs until I can find a good Goad Dragans and/or Fierce Stance user).

This game seems hellbent on making sure I will never get a dancer that is not Olivia. Hopefully the bridal banner will prove me wrong, because if I got B!Ninian I'd have 3/4ths of an actually usable flier team (missing red and blue currently).

I have that exact Kana, kept her waterstone on with a defense refine.
She is very bulky and very good. I throw my defensive dragons into droves of physical enemies anyway so not being able to hite at a distance isn't a big deal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

What's a decent budget build for Soleil? I only play this game sometimes but I want my lesbian to be the strongest lesbian in the world. I've got her with

Weapon: Firesweep+
Support: Reposition
Special: Dragon Fang
A: Fury 3
B: Hit 'n Run
C: Threaten Def 3
S: Speed +3

but any advice would be appreciated. she's +atk -hp for those wondering

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'd use LaD3 over fury, defensive stats don't matter with a firesweep build

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

What's a decent budget build for Soleil? I only play this game sometimes but I want my lesbian to be the strongest lesbian in the world. I've got her with

I had no Sothes so I just gave her Darting Blow 3. Works pretty well, sometimes that extra point comes in handy relative to L&D3

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Threatens also suck, if you want a defense debuffer you could give her chill defense (though it's on a rare hero) or give a teammate defense ploy (from Arvis)

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Iirc my Soleil is +spd so I gave her darting blow/hit and run for those sweet firesweep doubles and more procs on moonbow.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

LnD3 works real nice on her. Since she’s +atk, she’s going to have a monstrous atk stat so give her Heavy Blade for her seal.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I got bored and put together a Firesweep Cordelia and I guess this is what the fuss has been about. Good lord

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Endorph posted:

I gave mine Sword Breaker in the B slot since swords tend to be the quickest units she'll engage

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Jelly Omelet posted:

Just got pitty broken on the Genealogy banner while pulling for Lene. on the upside

I can still have a dancer with sword valor

Had to look this up, cant believe he's still 5*.

AradoBalanga posted:

This is why red is the new worst hell on regular banners. They're both okay I guess, but drat.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Red hell refers to the shittiness of the 5* pool. Colorless hell refers to the shittiness of the 3*/4* pool. They both exist but are different hells. I'd rather pull red on a CYL color-balanced banner, all else being equal.

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 20, 2018

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

If you're lucky enough to pull a +Atk Gray, he's actually pretty decent. I should probably refine his zanbato (I don't even use him as anti-cav , he just kills green units very competently) or just give him armorsmasher

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
^^ that's pretty great!

cheetah7071 posted:

Red hell refers to the shittiness of the 5* pool. Colorless hell refers to the shittiness of the 3*/4* pool. They both exist but are different hells. I'd rather pull on a CYL color-balanced banner, all else being equal.

Oh yeah, colourless is terrible on legandaries. I pulled hard for Jakob on the last one, and it mostly gave me sour feathers.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ran across this in AA and not even my boy was able to put a dent into her.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Pity broken by +spd/-def Hardin on my last summon of the banner. Five Ishtars is enough for me to be happy

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

Centzon Totochtin posted:

If you're lucky enough to pull a +Atk Gray, he's actually pretty decent. I should probably refine his zanbato (I don't even use him as anti-cav , he just kills green units very competently) or just give him armorsmasher

That does look great. Unfortunately (or fortunately for Olivia) mine is +hp/-atk.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

Pity broken by +spd/-def Hardin on my last summon of the banner. Five Ishtars is enough for me to be happy

I hope you didn't whale

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Pastrymancy posted:

I got bored and put together a Firesweep Cordelia and I guess this is what the fuss has been about. Good lord

:yeah:

She's a really fun unit to use. Figuring out Galeforce vectors and sweeps is great fun.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

tithin posted:

I hope you didn't whale

nope, I just got lucky with my saved up orbs and then threw in everything I got during the banner

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

cheetah7071 posted:

nope, I just got lucky with my saved up orbs and then threw in everything I got during the banner

How many orbs did it take to get Ishtar to +4?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Got a few amendment images I wanna make to my Hall of Fame entries, now that I got the dew to make the refined Rhompaia and now that I realize I never got Galeforce Caeda up there.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Just getting back into this, played a little at launch but bailed pretty fast. Working through the story maps now to get reacquainted.

I’m up to about 120 orbs. Should I be saving them for a sale/event or something or just start summoning a ton?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bird Law posted:

Just getting back into this, played a little at launch but bailed pretty fast. Working through the story maps now to get reacquainted.

I’m up to about 120 orbs. Should I be saving them for a sale/event or something or just start summoning a ton?

Summon on banners that have characters you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Genelogy banner is leaving soon for bridal banner (seasonal is limited).