Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wanda
Dec 8, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Still don't know what I'm going to do about him when I no longer have my own Ike to throw at ones I encounter in Arena though... None of my usual group of Young Marth, Young Minerva, and Summer L'Arachel have any way to deal with him.

Assuming you don't have a way to pre-charge an AoE on one of your Arena core units, don't have access to Scowl because no core dragon, etc.

I think the cheapest way for you to handle E!Ike is to run Hardy Bearing seal and Pulse Smoke 3 on a unit with enough defense to take minimal damage from a single regular attack from E!Ike on enemy phase. E!Ike's only really a menace if he's allowed to charge and drop that Great Aether of his.

With this combination, assuming you bait him on enemy phase, E!Ike will never trigger Great Aether, since LF4 requires that the enemy attacks him first to provide the -2 cd and Pulse Smoke will make sure his GA is never charged going into combat. Doing damage back would require very high atk or a decent chunk of true damage. Gambit+Finish+Aether would probably be a good shout especially since you'll likely want the chip heal to maintain the upper hand.

You can check the video I posted before to see Eyvel using this skill/seal combination to wall and wear down the Abyssal Ike, who will of course be stronger than those encountered in the Arena.

This of course won't work if the enemy E!Ike has pre-charged GA with team support or Time Pulse, but I think statistically you will be more likely to run into E!Ikes that are stock or built to win against other E!Ikes i.e. will have Fatal Smoke.

As for which unit can do this, Young Minerva could technically run Hardy Bearing seal and Pulse Smoke 3, but I'm not sure how much damage she'd take from a regular attack given weapon triangle disadvantage, and I also don't know if she'd have effective means to punch through LF4 flat damage reduction at her disposal. Perhaps Wyvern Rift or Gambit things?

Young Marth probably doesn't have enough defense, but I haven't looked into it.

wanda fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I appreciate the advice! Young Minerva miiiiight be able to tangle with Emblem Ike. Hadn't considered that. I did get her Gambit.

Young Marth couldn't use Hardy Bearing. It would destroy his whole gimmick.

The answer might be I'll need to replace L'Arachel with a nice sturdy blue. I have Mauvier nearly finished. Would he do, if I gave him Pulse Smoke?

Or, with Scowl dragons, I have LTiki. She's kind of old though, even at +10, she gets shredded by a lot of things. But she does have Scowl.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Reached the first Spark on the Green Dream banner and decided to call it there. The tally:
  • W!Dimitri x3
  • LF!Alear x4
  • A!Peony x4 (+1 from Spark) (she now has enough copies to reach +6)
  • Citrinne x1
I'm tempted to keep going to try and get A!Peony to +10, but I know the desire sensor will take a mile if I give it an inch.

...Besides, I'm going mad with power as it is.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That is a pretty insane haul for 40 pulls in a banner with all greens ngl

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also even if I still haven't pulled EIke I'm grateful to him for basically forcing me to start using the Hardy Bearing seal. It's really helpful! I was getting hardwalled by Ninja Camilla on ARO before lol

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Everyone with better luck than me on a banner is a dirty cheater and everyone with worse luck needs to get good. What I'm saying is everyone in this game is a cheater

wanda
Dec 8, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

I appreciate the advice! Young Minerva miiiiight be able to tangle with Emblem Ike. Hadn't considered that. I did get her Gambit.
Yeah I mean with weapon triangle disadvantage against her, she isn't the ideal candidate. I just threw the notion out there in case you were not flexible about your Arena core.

However, you seem to be flexible, so...

Silver Falcon posted:

Young Marth couldn't use Hardy Bearing. It would destroy his whole gimmick.
Yeah that's fair enough, wasn't sure if you still used his prf or whether you replaced it with an arcane but either way I don't think he's the ideal candidate.

Silver Falcon posted:

I have Mauvier nearly finished. Would he do, if I gave him Pulse Smoke?
Has weapon triangle advantage, a busted prf lance, and his stats are in a good place for fighting Ike. The Hardy Bearing / Pulse Smoke combo will work as long as you can tank E!Ike's regular attacks, which Mauvier very probably can. But you must enemy phase him with this combo, and if the Ike has Time Pulse it will not work. You do need Hardy Bearing, because if you don't reset combat priority to default, your unit will always go first even on enemy phase -- and as long as you go first, you activate the -2 cd effect in Laguz Friend 4 in time for E!Ike's attack to become a Great Aether proc. Hardy Bearing + enemy phase = Ike goes first, hits you for trivial damage (and he isn't going to double) and then you counterattack (probably twice), and then post-combat it resets Ike's special back to 1. Without Great Aether, Ike isn't very dangerous.

Silver Falcon posted:

Or, with Scowl dragons, I have LTiki. She's kind of old though, even at +10, she gets shredded by a lot of things. But she does have Scowl.
Weapon triangle advantage and scowl should make her fairly good at fighting him in theory. Use a blank AR defense map as a testing arena -- put your E!Ike on the def team and attack with only L!Tiki and see how the match-up works out. There's also this online duel simulator: https://arcticsilverfox.com/feh_sim/

wanda fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 7, 2024

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Sounds like Mauvier is my best bet. I do have a Pulse Smoke going spare I can give him. He'd work well with the other two.

Thanks!

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
I was going to accuse young Freddy of having the Guard Axe but I guess they are just very similar looking, not the same.

wanda
Dec 8, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Sounds like Mauvier is my best bet. I do have a Pulse Smoke going spare I can give him. He'd work well with the other two.

Thanks!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

All right, I've been waiting for a chance to nab WEdelgard and I spent a spark and got one of her. Only one! So, what's the WEdelgard and SEdelgard wombo combo for AR-O?

Which season is best for it? What support do they need? I may or may not have the proper pieces...

wanda
Dec 8, 2010

I decided to clear Emblem Ike Abyssal with only heroes from Daein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rW6XReeU80

Black Knight gets the honour.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Silver Falcon posted:

All right, I've been waiting for a chance to nab WEdelgard and I spent a spark and got one of her. Only one! So, what's the WEdelgard and SEdelgard wombo combo for AR-O?

Which season is best for it? What support do they need? I may or may not have the proper pieces...

For those two you just need to decide if one of them will be a WoM beacon and give them fury 7. As for other team members, the only things they need to provide are ways to help get in (foul play disarm trap, smite, guidance, ect) or more offense to break through the hyper melee tanks (at this point that's just Emblem Ike). For that it's either offense buffs, or if you have big problems, giving one of the Edelgards an AoE special and precharging it.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1779343824181174623?s=19

Pretty easy skip for me, lol at difficult terrain

Is this in 60 fps or are my eyes broken

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why is Yukimura a 5 star :/

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

A new Attuned dancer... welp, so much for fishing for more A!Peony copies.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Pretty easy skip for me, lol at difficult terrain

Is this in 60 fps or are my eyes broken

Yay all my most hated Fates characters! (Aside from Yukimura; he's okay.)

Skip for me too. Hayato. loving BARF.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I sparked on the double heroes banner to load some more armor skill fodder to my arcane skill printer. Is Armored Blaze a strictly better Pavise or am I missing something? Or is Weaving the better save tank fodder?

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
It Depends (and I mean you can stack them anyway, so)

On the unit and the build, basically. A place still barely exists for Hardy Fighter near save units, who would want pavise. The other downside to Blaze in comparison is that the damage reduction component procs once per combat no matter what; pavise can trigger more than once.

Weaving is best used on a slow bulky jerk who's really good at not dying anyway like brave Edelgard. Stack the massive damage reduction it offers on top of a bunch of minuses on the enemy's attack to ensure the ideal outcome, basically.

The downside to weaving fighter on units other than winter Byleth is that the enemy tends to live, which is less than ideal. This might not be a deal breaker for you specifically, but the general aether raids advice is to let your opponent move as little as possible, especially when that movement could result in wings of mercy shenanigans.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Also rearmed grima can't learn weaving fighter, just so you know

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

drat it that’s what I get for not reading skills

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
I mean we'll get an armored melee attuned nerd eventually anyway, but then you'll have to pull for them and basically it's never gonna end

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Because he's specced as the New Enemy Phase Res Tank That Hits Back Really Hard.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Hah, got an Azura from tickets. Good, now I don't have to spend orbs on this terrible banner!

Glad to see Hayato is as insufferable as ever in his Bonds convos. I hope his Bonds are just heroes mercilessly dunking on him.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Tired Moritz posted:

Because they know I want that drat puppet horse. :argh:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Alfred is in next HoF but since formas can’t be used as fodder you can brick your rearmed skill printer

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The castle flies?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The castle flies?
No, just the Aether Keep can fly. The actual Askr Castle is firmly stationary on the ground.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Hah, got an Azura from tickets. Good, now I don't have to spend orbs on this terrible banner!

Glad to see Hayato is as insufferable as ever in his Bonds convos. I hope his Bonds are just heroes mercilessly dunking on him.

Hayato is like IS went "People don't like Ricken much. How do we make him worse?"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I liked Ricken.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

i also liked ricken.
hayato from his FB seems, really irritating

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I didn't mind Ricken either! I hate Hayato's guts.

Hayato is like they looked at Ricken and thought "Hmm, k so people like the obviously very young character trying desperately to be a grown up so he can help out? Neat, let's do that again except make him an obnoxious arrogant fuckwad on top of that and give him no redeeming qualities."

Ricken was not arrogant.

Similar deal with Mozu! People like the character you recruit from the farm who has the ridiculous growth potential if you stick with him (Donnel!). Let's do that again except remove anything funny or interesting about the character, and you have Mozu. I don't hate her; she's just boring.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

This is like the ideal brave Marth and ideal brave Dimitri right? Is either one worth picking up? I have enough merges to +9 Marth or +10 Dimitri if that makes a difference

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 17, 2024

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I didn't mind Ricken either! I hate Hayato's guts.

Hayato is like they looked at Ricken and thought "Hmm, k so people like the obviously very young character trying desperately to be a grown up so he can help out? Neat, let's do that again except make him an obnoxious arrogant fuckwad on top of that and give him no redeeming qualities."

Ricken was not arrogant.

Similar deal with Mozu! People like the character you recruit from the farm who has the ridiculous growth potential if you stick with him (Donnel!). Let's do that again except remove anything funny or interesting about the character, and you have Mozu. I don't hate her; she's just boring.

I am neutral on the subject of Ricken. He's got some great supports, though. Hayato is terrible and no supports in Fates are all that good, so he's a step down in every way. As for Mozu, trading out Donnel being astonishingly good at everything for Mozu feeling useless for not being a noble is just shockingly bad.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I like letting dancers destroy things. I like letting children destroy things. Considering there's only one unit in the game where these two loves overlap, you'd think I would've fully built Young Azura a lot sooner, especially since even before being built she's been pivotal to some of my Abyssal clears.

Oh well, better late then never. Go gently caress Nohr up, dear daughter.

• Build 1: Basic annoyer. Pokes an enemy and, win or lose, becomes a spastic warping Ploy-bot. Fury ensures she still has some means of warping even after a Flare heal, though she can switch to a different Special if she needs to dial it down. Fury 3 might be old as hell, but it makes this build stupidly fun.
  • Build 2: Astra/Glacies nuke that refreshes after every use, with a side of "screw your Damage Reduction". If she wants to go full Res-tank instead, Atk/Res Finish is in reserve along with Aether and Flare.
  • Build 3: AOE triple-tapper. In the event of follow-up denial, Mag. Null Follow is in her back pocket. Can also equip other nuke tomes like Gronnblade or Gronnvulture if Speed isn't needed.
  • Build 4: Pure support. The Dance seal is interchangeable, and Firestorm Dance 3 is in reserve. Can slip the Still Water seal back on if the enemies are too Res-heavy to Ploy. I'm usually averse to building units as pure support, but considering the damage Azura does despite not being intended for it, even I have to admit that this kind of backup for an actual point man is an intimidating thought.
  • Build 5: This was originally for the novelty of seeing Young Azura hit 80 visible Atk, but it came to my attention that some e-sports jerks can hit 60 Res naturally, so having the option to Ploy up to 61 Res is good. Subbing in Special Spiral 4 and getting some precharge from somewhere can even let her handle big jerks like Valentine's Lyon (two Flare procs in one combat, or just Blazing Wind, provided he isn't REALLY jacked up in Res to dodge the Ploy) and Emblem Ike (Blazing Wind-only, though hilariously even at max investment Azura overcomes the color disadvantage to lovetap him after the AOE, so he's dead meat).

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

Thinking about this, what they probably should have done is just put Donnel in again. Like, same name, same design, no explanation, like Anna

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Give him a bigger pot

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://youtu.be/-CM9t7D8MfI?si=c8Udc-GJ5svuMcMh

Hahaha the fog over Loki's art

E: oh this mythic ordeal poo poo is disgusting whale bait

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

IS plz give us more dragon flowers plz
…suuuuure no problem